Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 01:07 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,384,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Nuclear will not happen in the US as there are far too many people against it and willing to protest or file suit. When was the last time a plant was been built in the US?
There are 5 under construction currently, with more planned.

http://www.nei.org/Knowledge-Center/...tion-Worldwide

Old 10-14-2015, 01:24 PM

613 posts, read 746,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Allegedly, you meant to say allegedly wrong. Because what you offer is no more credible than my shouting back at you, "NO HE'S NOT!"

Denying global warming is true is way more risky than claiming its real. And I find it more than a touch ironic that most of the people denying it's real also tend to believe that someone rose from the dead and ascended to a mythical place in the clouds because he was the offspring of an otherwise invisible deity. At least global warming has excellent source data to analyze.
Plenty of data and plenty of predictions. Many seem to easily forget that 2015 was the year it was supposed to hit the fan. Miami under water, hurricane after hurricane, no more snow in Europe. How many of the predictions came true....... zero.
Kind of like religions that set a time for the end of the world. When it does not happen they just set a new date. Same with global warming. They change the name and the believers still believe. Another religion.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
Plenty of data and plenty of predictions. Many seem to easily forget that 2015 was the year it was supposed to hit the fan. Miami under water, hurricane after hurricane, no more snow in Europe. How many of the predictions came true....... zero.
Kind of like religions that set a time for the end of the world. When it does not happen they just set a new date. Same with global warming. They change the name and the believers still believe. Another religion.
One overwrought, not very authoritative program on ABC years ago is hardly the definitive word on global warning. And it in no way weakens the mounds of evidence that are contrary to your opinion on the subject. You simply keep hyping that one show because it fits your worldview...that's a fallacy of logic called confirmation bias.

Open your eyes, and your mind.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:39 PM

425 posts, read 462,920 times
My understanding is that "global warming" has gone out of fashion, I believe we must now call it "dramatic climate change" :-)

Old 10-14-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
One overwrought, not very authoritative program on ABC years ago is hardly the definitive word on global warning. And it in no way weakens the mounds of evidence that are contrary to your opinion on the subject. You simply keep hyping that one show because it fits your worldview...that's a fallacy of logic called confirmation bias.

Open your eyes, and your mind.
That's not what I was referring to. It was no less than the UN scaring everyone with their dire predictions of what would happen come 2015. Do I have to do all the work here?

Old 10-14-2015, 01:45 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
I think it's admirable for someone who could just as easily kick back and continue to read NWS forecasts, do "Meet and Greet's" at the Lions Club and draw an easy paycheck to be willing to step up and point out that science matters.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:45 PM

236 posts, read 186,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake74 View Post
My understanding is that "global warming" has gone out of fashion, I believe we must now call it "dramatic climate change" :-)
That's kind of an unfortunate side effect of dealing with the low brow crowd. Sadly, there was a percentage of the population that was so low IQ they would wait for a snowy day, then make jokes about how it was an example of "global warming" (embarrassing themselves and demonstrating they hadn't the faintest clue what the term actually referred to).

So, in order to be a bit more PC, we made it more descriptive so those who aren't rocket scientists can understand it too.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
That's not what I was referring to. It was no less than the UN scaring everyone with their dire predictions of what would happen come 2015.
Well, you've referred to it before:

Another poster: "As much as I loathe to wade into this, it would help if you provide a source for your claims about the sweeping 2015 predictions."

You: "Be glad to. One was ABC news. I think the video is on youtube. Predictions were NY city under water Miami gone. 'Welcome to 2015' was the name of it."

Old 10-14-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Well, you've referred to it before:

Another poster: "As much as I loathe to wade into this, it would help if you provide a source for your claims about the sweeping 2015 predictions."

You: "Be glad to. One was ABC news. I think the video is on youtube. Predictions were NY city under water Miami gone. 'Welcome to 2015' was the name of it."
That was one source of 5.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:22 PM

You have to follow the party line or suffer the consequences. Just look at what happened to one of the top weather guys in France when he dared to question his masters. Much easier to conform and have blind faith. Orwell saw it coming.

France's top weatherman sparks storm over book questioning climate change - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary