Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 08:13 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times

Advertisements

Yes, it's very mountainy feeling. It's close to the boat ramps at Farrington Point, too, and not far from Crosswinds Marina if they wanted to use that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 09:09 AM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I love my commute down Mt Carmel Church Rd. Easily one of my top choices to live if I could afford it. I can't put my finger on what's so different about it,coming from Raleigh. It's just beautiful through there. Something about it reminds me of my childhood home in TN.
One of our summer daycamps is right off Mt. Carmel Church road and I usually use it when travelling between Chapel Hill and Apex. I agree; really beautiful country, and at least in the northern stretch of it, not far at all from Chapel Hill proper. The sections still in Orange County are in CH-C schools with slightly lower property taxes because it's outside of city limits.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:57 AM

326 posts, read 385,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate1207 View Post
Thank you for the great advice. I did see those two lakes and I'm super happy to see there is water near by! Of course 20 min drive to boat is ideal but I should of stated that great schools will be the #1 priority. Thank you for mentioning the school system, it does sound very confusing. My husband would be working in Chapel Hill but we don't have to necessarily live there. I will be coming to visit in Dec w/a realtor to research the area. I have been researching Apex and Cary too. I will be sure to ask the realtor about what addresses are in the CH-Carrboro district and see if I like that area. If you were to say what lake is best for recreation, would it be Jordan or Falls? Both allow motorized boats correct?
The good news is you can have your cake and eat it, too, as there are lots of great schools within a 20 minute radius of the lakes!!! I'm still pretty new to the area myself and have only been on Jordan Lake and it's really nice. I've heard Falls Lake is nice, too, though not quite as big as Jordan Lake. Both allow motorized boats--on Jordan Lake I've seen mostly open bow/ski boats, fishing boats, pontoon boats and jet skis with the occasional small boat house. There's also kayakers and sail boats out and about.

When you visit next month, make sure to have your realtor show you around Apex/Cary/Holly Springs as well as North Raleigh, Chapel Hill and Pittsboro for starters. Apex/Cary/Holly Springs are faster growing, more densely populated areas where newer housing comes on tiny lots, typically 1/4 acre max. North Raleigh (i.e. northern Raleigh, not a separate city from Raleigh) and Chapel Hill are less densely populated and Pittsboro is a small town (for now anyway, google "Chatham Park" for what the future of Pittsboro might look like). To me, Apex/Cary/Holly Springs have a different feel than North Raleigh, Chapel Hill or Pittsboro. I think if you get the chance to visit each you'll get a sense for which you prefer.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:01 PM

17 posts, read 34,725 times
Question Pittsboro/Apex Area

Thank you for the great information. I checked out Pittsboro via the web and it looks real nice. Is there a particular neighborhood or school mid/high that you would recommend there?

I really am excited to see Apex, it seems to have everything I'm looking for. There is gymnastics for my daughter, BMX track/skateboarding for my son and lake/bike trails. We currently attend Lifetime gym and that seems to be in town too.

What are some great developments in Apex? It seems that Apex and Holly Springs are ideal schools? I need a great middle/high school recommendation in that area so I know where to look at houses. So far I really like what I saw online for Colvin Park, Bella Casa and Arcadia Ridge developments. Any insights on these or others that are similar?

Do you know if people are able to keep their boats in driveways there or do they have to pay for storage?

Thanks again for all the info....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary