Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2007, 05:23 PM

189 posts, read 797,373 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning a visit in a few weeks to check out the Triangle area. Any recommendations on realtors, hotels, subdivisions with pools and at least a 1/2 acre. We want to stay in the Wake County Schools.
Thanks - Long Island
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 05:51 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
The triangle is a large area......is there any place in particular that you are going to work? I think that would make your decision easier in some ways. I have met with many many people who are relocating here and they all have different opinions of the area, some love cary, some hate it, some love wake forest, others don't. So, wake county schools encompasses many many towns (raleigh, cary, apex, holly springs, apex, fuquay varina, wake forest, garner, some of clayton and probably some others I have forgotten!) So, the area is quite large and as I always say, it depends!

You are probably going to have a harder time finding a 1/2 acre lot in the most newly developed parts of cary, apex and holly springs. Most of the subdivisions have smaller lots (closer to 1/4 acre), but on the flip side "older" developments don't tend to have community pools either.

Wake Forest does have larger lots (it is north of raleigh) and it is definitely growing (I live there) and they just talked about plans for a mall and many new restaurants (the closest mall right now is 15/20 minutes away in north raleigh). There are many subdivisions with pools, but it all depends on what you want to spend. Many people here who don't have pools in the subdivision use the YMCA as a place for a pool (and many other activities). The Y's are very popular in the area and offer lots of amenities for people.

Clayton has larger lots as well. I am not as familiar with the area though, so I cannot speak to it as well. I do know that some of clayton is in wake county schools and some of it is johnston county schools.

Anyhow, send me a pm if you have more questions. I think the main decisions that will determine your move would be:

how much you want to spend on a house
where you will have to commute for work
which part of wake county you actually like when you come and visit

Anyhow, hope this helps
Leigh

Old 03-10-2007, 08:47 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Today, I had clients from Long Island.

They have to have at least l/3 acre, due to a child with special needs. We looked at quite a few homes in Wake Forest (its where their parents just moved, last month). We saw about 11 homes. Some had lots bigger than 3/4 acre. I wanted them to see new construction and due to their price range (under $300,000), we went into Rolesville. They were cracking up because from Wake Forest to Rolesville was ALOT of farm land. We passed by a huge farm to which my client said..."look at the horses, we must be in the country!". When I finally stopped laughing, I informed her that those were COWS! Do ya think its time for someone to get out of the city??? Anyway, we had a blast. Tomorrow we are going back to check out their two favorites and put an offer on one. So...if you really want some land with your home, it CAN be found. And you should have fun while finding it!!!

Vicki

Old 03-11-2007, 07:28 AM

237 posts, read 1,029,626 times
To get the most acreage, you will probably need to check out Holly Springs/Fuquay Varina. We're in Wescott (and love it) and I know we have a community pool. SR/SO also has a pool. Not sure about other area subdivisions. When we came for our house hunting trip we stayed at a Marriott in Cary which was nice but a bit out of the way for looking in Holly Springs. There are a lot of realtors on this board that I am sure would be happy to help you. We used Rich Massong/Kim Dennis at Fonville Morrisey and were very happy with them. Good luck with your move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pad3 View Post
My husband and I are planning a visit in a few weeks to check out the Triangle area. Any recommendations on realtors, hotels, subdivisions with pools and at least a 1/2 acre. We want to stay in the Wake County Schools.
Thanks - Long Island

Old 03-11-2007, 10:55 AM

17 posts, read 99,540 times
Default Wonderful Real Estate Agent to Recommend

I will be relocating from Long Island in a few months to Cary. I have a wonderful real estate agent who I found through this message board when someone else highly recommended her. She spent alot of time showing me all of the different areas in the Triangle area. By the 2nd day she understood all of my needs and knew exactly what I was looking for. Here is her information:

Gwen Hager
ERA Pacesetters Realty
1140 Kildaire Farm Road
Suite 101
Cary, NC 27511
Phone: 919-380-3194
ghager1@nc.rr.com

I am single so some of my needs are not the same as yours, but if you have any questions I would be happy to help if I can.

Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary