Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 12:55 PM

4 posts, read 10,623 times

Advertisements

First of all many thanks to anyone who reads this post,

I am currently looking into moving to NC, the area in which would be near Raleigh, Sanford to be precise. What a beautiful part of the world, beats Nottingham in England any day. Anyway, due to family illness's my wife, who is from Sanford, wishes to come back home to look after her older family members and with this i am trying to find as much information as possible about the printing industries around the area. After many hours of research i have found many a company that i can post my applications to, but little on the lines of reputation. I have been told about something called the "RTP" or is it "TRP", retail triangle park. Anyone know of this place and what it has to offer etc. Are there areas i need to avoid due to low employment etc.

I am quiet away from filling out the forms for Visa's but like to get as much information as soon as possible to make life easier when these situations do occur. Are there any big business i should be looking for, any business i should not be looking for, at the minute i have a lot of information to try and filter through. Any information will be useful and i know that you people of North Carolina are very helpful people.

Again, many thanks for your time in reading my post, i hope to hear from as many of you as possible. I will keep checking back to see if any of you lovely people have left me anything, if so expect a response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 01:39 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,598,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish001 View Post
I have been told about something called the "RTP" or is it "TRP", retail triangle park. Anyone know of this place and what it has to offer etc.
It's "RTP" and it's an acronym for "Research Triangle Park". Here's the 411:

The Research Triangle Park

Old 02-21-2008, 01:55 PM

Many thanks for the reply, i will look into that thread and it is much appreciated, many thanks.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:28 PM

446 posts, read 1,394,266 times
There are a few I do business with:

Classic Graphics
Welcome to Classic Graphics
Suite A
627 Distribution Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560

Cary Printing
Morrisville
www.caryprinting.com

Litho Industries
Durham
Litho Industries, an RR Donnelley company

I have done business with all three and are solid companies to work for.
Best of luck!
[/SIZE]

Old 02-22-2008, 03:20 AM

Many thanks for your information Bobbis,

Will check out the links you gave me, some useful stuff to go through already, many thanks to you all. I have looked around for employment news and it looks like a lot of business's do not go for outside people eg people who are relocating. I think i may have to bite the bullet when the time comes and just take a gamble to move and find a job after i have moved.

Can anyone tell me what the average house price is like in this area, i know different houses command different prices but i have heard of the house price crash in the states and wanted to know what the knock on effect has been like on the prices. Is there a good time for buying houses eg seasonal or is it pretty competitive all year round.

Sorry for a lot of answers but i am trying to cover as much as possible as moving from one country to another is obviously a tricky and risky business. Again, many thanks for your time and hope you are all well.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:04 AM

446 posts, read 1,394,266 times
It's a good time to buy now! Check out one of the web sites such a realtor.com or homes.com and do map or zip code search to see what you can get for your money. I've found hpw.com to be useful as well. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 AM

57 posts, read 198,113 times
Two other local printing companies I can recommend (at least I know they have a good reputation) are:

PBM (located in RTP)
Glover Printing (located in Raleigh)

Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 AM

233 posts, read 860,465 times
My husband works for Colonial Carton in Clayton, its been a good company and he has been there almost 5 years.

www.colonialcarton.com

Old 02-23-2008, 05:28 PM

Many thanks again for your kind input into my question. It is really nice to see that people have spent time reading and also leaving helpful links to company websites. Found the Yellow Pages very useful but there is nothing better than personnal opion.

Got an idea of getting a map of the local area and pinning the local print works to find where most are situated, hopefully helping with the descision of where to buy/rent our house.

I have been reading this forum and found many of the topics very useful, from what the locals have to say about what is going on, to what people recommend in dental and medical. I am interested in your tax system but that will have to be addressed in a different topic on this forum.

From a greatful Englishman, thankyou the people of this forum for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary