Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 05:54 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times

Advertisements

Had food at BottleDog a couple or three times and it was good. Probably not award winning, but nothing we were disappointed with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 06:14 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Had food at BottleDog a couple or three times and it was good. Probably not award winning, but nothing we were disappointed with.
I checked Yelp after my last comment, and the reviews were glowing (all five stars, several mentioned the food).

That said, if you have any stand-out recommendations, I'm always interested.

Me: I had the Memphis Chicken, and it tasted like the grease was on the last day before it needed to be changed. The fried bits were a little burnt, and fell off the chicken at the touch of a fork. Having worked in restaurants for so long, I know the symptoms of 'old grease' when I see them.

Per Yelp, it seems like the Poutine and Flatbreads are a standout, and the hotdogs and pretzel bites both got comments that were compelling to me. I'll try them again.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:10 AM

Last time we were there I had a bite of someone else in my group's poutine and it was tasty, but I honestly don't have enough experience with poutine to say if it was legit or not. Don't want to offend any Canadians here!

I've had the pretzel bites a liked them quite a bit as well as a flatbread and thought it was good also.

Is Memphis chicken the one with the spicy batter? My wife got that last time and thought it was good also. After having that she was like I have to find that more places.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:09 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,965,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Yeah, I know everyone has different taste, but I'd have Crank Arm in my top 5 for sure. They just won a bronze medal at the Great American Beer Festival for their White Wall Wit. That's a pretty big deal (7200+ entries).
Well, I gave Crank Arm another chance this weekend, and I did indeed find a beer that I enjoyed! The Reflector was a top notch amber. I guess they've gotten better since their original opening, so I take it all back.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:06 PM

163 posts, read 154,419 times
How many spots have these guys opened up, then turned around and closed again within a year?!? I know they used to have locations on both TW Alexander and on Six Forks that are gone. And in my head I was counting the Wade Park location, but the article says that one is yet to open. I thought I had missed it, since I saw the first Coming Soon signs in the windows a couple of years ago.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:35 PM

The Alexander space is one of the new ones I thought.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:14 PM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I checked Yelp after my last comment, and the reviews were glowing (all five stars, several mentioned the food).

That said, if you have any stand-out recommendations, I'm always interested.

Me: I had the Memphis Chicken, and it tasted like the grease was on the last day before it needed to be changed. The fried bits were a little burnt, and fell off the chicken at the touch of a fork. Having worked in restaurants for so long, I know the symptoms of 'old grease' when I see them.

Per Yelp, it seems like the Poutine and Flatbreads are a standout, and the hotdogs and pretzel bites both got comments that were compelling to me. I'll try them again.
Tried the Poutine at Motorco in dt Durham yesterday....thought it was great! Granted I don't have much to base it off of.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:27 PM

163 posts, read 154,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
The Alexander space is one of the new ones I thought.
Wade Park (across from the PNC Arena) and over near Capital Blvd & 540 are the locations mentioned in the article. I read it again and it mentions that he had two bottle shops that are now closed, so that covers the two spots I mentioned. I guess these new spots are bars/taprooms only.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odisn View Post
Wade Park (across from the PNC Arena) and over near Capital Blvd & 540 are the locations mentioned in the article. I read it again and it mentions that he had two bottle shops that are now closed, so that covers the two spots I mentioned. I guess these new spots are bars/taprooms only.
Ha. I saw an article a couple of days ago that I swear mentioned the Alexander dr space opening and had no mention of plantation point. There is a sign there as well. Guess it's actually left over and not from a coming soon standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary