Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 03:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite006 View Post
I'm surprised by how so many people mention the plane noise. I live in Kitts Creek and have always found it to be really quiet. I actually turn on a space heater in the house because the noise from the birds chirping in the morning bothers me more than anything lol. My wife actually refuses to move because she is so in love with the location and the convenience to everything. But we pretty much get onto Davis which is really only busy around 5-6 p.m. in my experience.
Chirping birds bother you?

That's interesting.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:02 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite006 View Post
I'm surprised by how so many people mention the plane noise. I live in Kitts Creek and have always found it to be really quiet. I actually turn on a space heater in the house because the noise from the birds chirping in the morning bothers me more than anything lol. My wife actually refuses to move because she is so in love with the location and the convenience to everything. But we pretty much get onto Davis which is really only busy around 5-6 p.m. in my experience.

Kitts Creek here as well and love it. Love the neighborhood for our kids and love the quick access to everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 615 times
"Best" is a hyperbole whether Apex, Cary, Morrisville, etc.

From a practical stand point, if you have zero tolerance for noise, living under a flight path - whether in Cary, Morrisville, Raleigh - isn't for you. Same applies for the trains. Last I checked, the engines on trains and planes don't get activated merely during their sojourn through Morrisville.

I love trains and planes so I am biased I guess. I love Morrisville. It is *super* convenient for all things that matter to me and my family. I much prefer to avoid the joys of sitting in traffic that comes with living in Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, and every other town that grows because land is cheaper farther away from the job centers. But I guess some people prefer to bond with their vehicles.

It comes down to what you value more... resale value vs more time with family.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:26 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfakenews View Post
It comes down to what you value more... resale value vs more time with family.
So you're saying that resale values are low in Raleigh/Cary/Morrisville? That doesn't seem to be the case either.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:58 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfakenews View Post
From a practical stand point, if you have zero tolerance for noise, living under a flight path - whether in Cary, Morrisville, Raleigh - isn't for you. Same applies for the trains. Last I checked, the engines on trains and planes don't get activated merely during their sojourn through Morrisville.
I don't see people saying anything about zero tolerance, that is a straw man argument. Sound follows the inverse square law with respect to distance. As the planes get lower near the airport, the sound increases exponentially at the ground. You can be in a flight path but have the planes so far overhead for them not to be a nuisance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary