Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 12:56 PM

650 posts, read 930,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I seem to remember a conversation about this within the last year or so, but I can't seem to find it for some reason.

I moved from the area a year ago, but will be back at the end of May. I used to live in North Raleigh and knew where to get good sushi in that area, but this time I will be staying out near the airport. Any suggestions for a great sushi place not far from the airport (and preferably on the eastern/southeastern side of the airport so my son doesn't have to drive too far to meet me for dinner)?

Where I moved to does not have many good sushi places, so I am really looking forward to the chance to have some while I'm in town.

Waraji
5910 Duraleigh Rd
Ste 147
Raleigh, NC 27612
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 07:05 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,572 times
Did someone say Kanki for the best sushi around? Im a little blown away...

Old 05-15-2017, 07:16 AM

569 posts, read 440,642 times
I like Tasu at Brier Creek which would be convenient if you are staying close to the airport. I also like Kai Sushi and Sake Bar on Leadmine. They have some unique rolls I haven't seen elsewhere. In Cary Oisu at Maynard Crossing is good.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:42 AM

6,656 posts, read 5,595,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
yeah there's no way that's true.......

Old 05-15-2017, 08:45 AM

265 posts, read 270,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
Like a lot of things, Sushi is a bit of a hairy animal. One's definition of good sushi could be 180 degrees from another person's. What most on this board label good sushi, I'd label as complete junk, as my idea of sushi is vastly different. Regarding good slightly authentic places in the Triangle, my favorites were Maru and An, but unfortunately those closed. Waraji would be next on my list, but the price/quality ratio started to drop.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:34 AM

6,656 posts, read 5,595,336 times
Check out City Market Sushi in downtown Raleigh if you haven't yet (not close to the airport but on the subject of really good sushi places around here)

Old 05-15-2017, 09:44 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
Like a lot of things, Sushi is a bit of a hairy animal. One's definition of good sushi could be 180 degrees from another person's. What most on this board label good sushi, I'd label as complete junk, as my idea of sushi is vastly different. Regarding good slightly authentic places in the Triangle, my favorites were Maru and An, but unfortunately those closed. Waraji would be next on my list, but the price/quality ratio started to drop.
In my opinion, Kanki is more about quantity then quality. You get about three times as much rice on your plate as a normal serving should be. I guess I am a little more picky about the quality of my food, especially for what you pay to go out to dinner these days. Waraji is more expensive for what you get, but to me, the quality is a LOT better than Kanki.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:56 AM

569 posts, read 440,642 times
Sushi is very subjective. I can't say that I am super adventurous with sushi (I can't eat roe due to texture and I hate eel and eel sauce) but I do love the rolls and nigiri with raw fish. That being said, I can't tolerate if the fish is not fresh tasting or fishy in any way. I have had good luck at the places I mentioned above with nothing ever turning me off so I consider that great sushi.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
My favorites..

Sake House- Durant Rd in Falls Village
Orchid - Creedmoor Rd in Stonehenge Shopping Center

Old 05-15-2017, 10:25 AM

208 posts, read 415,232 times
My "go-to" sushi spot has been Sushi Love over by Duke Hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary