Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 826 times

Advertisements

All of the threads regarding living in the Summerdale neighborhood of Fuquary Varina, or regarding living in Fuquay itself that I can find are from 2011 and prior. Any RECENT advice on this neighborhood and area?? I know Fuquay and Holly Springs have been developing a lot lately, but is the Summerdale neighborhood an okay area being that it is surrounded by older areas?? Any input would be great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 08:09 AM

510 posts, read 900,436 times
I have lived in Fuquay for almost 12+ years. I have not heard anything negative about Summerdale. I will tell you that if you leave Summerdale and go towards town on Academy street, the "Bay Tree" apartments are on your left. Unfortunately there have been some problems at that location, but none that have made the news recently. Just take a look at the signs posted at the entrance of the apartments. I think one of them is a curfew sign. No cruising signs and curfew signs are usually a big clue to problem areas.
My daughter attended Lincoln Heights elementary just down the street from Summerdale. We volunteered as much as we could, and got to know many of the students, and some other parents. We had a good experience with the school staff, and also with the students and other parents.

Community Crime Map | Fuquay-Varina, NC

https://www.google.com/search?q=bay+...varina&tbm=nws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary