Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 07:55 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
I would love to rep you but I must spread the love. Honestly, it is not up to us to judge this woman and her problems. We all have problems, some of us just hide them better. I hope she and her family get the help they need and things look up for them. Imagine what the 9 year old has to face at school now due to this whole "news" story.
Please - she chose to be interviewed for the "news" story, I would bet that she's the one that brought it to the "news" in the first place, likely looking for some crowd funding.

It's cool to give people the benefit of the doubt, but usually you just have to go with your gut feeling.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:55 PM

626 posts, read 625,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Lots of people passing judgment on this family. Have you been in their shoes? Yes the 19 yr old should be working, but we don't know why she doesn't have a job. Maybe she's tried.
If the kid is 19 and ain't in school or working then she should go in the military, simple as that. Sorry but at 19 I was already in the Marine Corps.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:57 PM

626 posts, read 625,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I’m guessing she does not have three formally adopted children. One of the articles I linked said she had a 9 yr old and a 19 yr old and two of the 19 yr olds friends staying with her. That doesn’t sound like she is receiving government assistance for any formal adoptions. (And btw, I know foster parents get some $$ from agencies for fostering but had not heard that adoptive families receive $$. Can anyone verify that? That doesn’t sound right to me. I have friends who foster and friends who are adoptive parents both. )

If the 9 yr old is her bio kid she may be due some child support from the dad.

Anyway sounds like she did not know where to turn for help and when she reached out to churches was not assisted directly or directed to a food bank or agency that could help or she didn’t want to go there if she was.
So basically 3 people that are 18 years old or above and she can't afford anything.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:46 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
Can we close this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary