Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 01:53 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,385,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheronNC View Post
So this sort of thing is a positive attribute?
Not to me. No idea why you'd ask that or ascribe it to me

Quote:
Interesting. Let's not get into a pissing contest as to who is more native or who "belongs" here.
Ok. lets not. I didn't say anything about anyone being native, or anyone "belonging here".

Quote:
btw it says something if losing your inhibitions because you're drunk causes that sort of behavior to come out - shows a certain root personality couched in prejudice, doesn't it?
Yeah, it could. So since it bothers you so much, i simply offered my opinion that you'd be happier if you stay where you are and not have to deal with it. <shrug>

Old 02-25-2018, 02:58 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,167,678 times
NCSU is a large school, and the student population is spread all over Raleigh....although many are centralized to the NCSU area. But I know there are a lot of NCSU students in Cary and North Raleigh, Brier Creek, etc. But Western Blvd, on a weekend, you might as well have been on campus. I've had a few bad experiences around that area, the worst for me, having my car looted and luggage stolen out of a restaurant parking lot.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:26 PM

495 posts, read 1,078,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Yeah, it could. So since it bothers you so much, i simply offered my opinion that you'd be happier if you stay where you are and not have to deal with it. <shrug>
Well, that’s a bit flippant and obviously not the whole story because if it were dispositive I wouldn’t be moving and we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I never said that Cali is a paradise. It’s a travesty that I constantly smell weed in my house from our next-door neighbors in a $1.5m+ neighborhood because everyone does it here and its completely legal, The omnipresence of gang activity even in affluent areas is scary. I don’t like my toddler having to nagivate feces and used needles whenever we go into downtown San Francisco. I would write a tomb on why I don’t want to stay in Cali .

Old 02-25-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Well, that’s a bit flippant and obviously not the whole story because if it were dispositive I wouldn’t be moving and we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I never said that Cali is a paradise. It’s a travesty that I constantly smell weed in my house from our next-door neighbors in a $1.5m+ neighborhood because everyone does it here and its completely legal, The omnipresence of gang activity even in affluent areas is scary. I don’t like my toddler having to nagivate feces and used needles whenever we go into downtown San Francisco. I would write a tomb on why I don’t want to stay in Cali .
There are other places besides SF and Raleigh. I hope you find your place.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:31 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
So this sort of thing is a positive attribute? Interesting. Let's not get into a pissing contest as to who is more native or who "belongs" here. My dad's side of the family goes back in NC to the 1700s tyvm. But wow yeah, it's going to take some refamiliarity with the "stay away if you're not one of us" claptrap I haven't experienced in quite some time.

Listen to what you're saying. I complain because drunk young adults yelled racial stuff at me. You suggest I not move here if I don't like it. That's fresh. btw it says something if losing your inhibitions because you're drunk causes that sort of behavior to come out - shows a certain root personality couched in prejudice, doesn't it?
was it ethnic or racial? And just what was said?

You want to attribute the behavior of a region to one encounter among a well-identified outlier population.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:35 AM

23 posts, read 23,196 times
Quote:
Maybe Raleigh isn't for you. Stay in Cali.
Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but from your terse, flippant comments, it certainly seems like you're condoning racist comments, and putting it all on the OP to just deal with it - or choose to live elsewhere.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleighGal View Post
Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but from your terse, flippant comments, it certainly seems like you're condoning racist comments,
Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleighGal View Post
and putting it all on the OP to just deal with it - or choose to live elsewhere.
What other options are there? I can't force people to be nice, nor go find the nimrods involved and bring them to justice. <shrug>

Old 02-26-2018, 11:51 AM

23 posts, read 23,196 times
Quote:
Not at all.
Ok, thanks. Good to know.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:00 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,979,189 times
Quote:
*a tome

I love hearing about how Cali sucks. Please

Old 02-26-2018, 12:05 PM

341 posts, read 297,351 times
Everyone goes to cookout on weekend nights. Where have you been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary