Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 AM

213 posts, read 211,818 times

Advertisements

We have now decided to just rent when our house sells so we are there to look. See a,new listing we like only for it to be under contract that day or the next or go into a bidding war with 3 other buyers . A REAL HEADACHE. Being an hour and a half away we still have missed out . So now can you tell me a good apt, condo or townhome complex that might have semi retired, retired .
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 11:32 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Where are you looking to buy a home? I'd suggest staying in a rental near there.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:20 PM

5,891 posts, read 6,958,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Where are you looking to buy a home? I'd suggest staying in a rental near there.
Many suggest renting here for at least 6 months before purchasing. You may think an area is great, based on weekend visits, then see what traffic nightmares there are during the workweek.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:24 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,423,294 times
Never heard of a bidding war unless you are buying something at auction. You submit highest and best and hope for the best. Have your agent ask when the seller would prefer to close, if appliances are important for them, and then give strong due diligence and price. Your agent can run comps and see what the home will appraise for. Some people list homes below market value and it sells for above asking. Get on an MLS search and look at homes the day they are listed. If your offer is contingent upon selling then renting would be a good idea. Contingent offers stand very little chance of getting accepted with other offers on the table.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:36 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,577,091 times
Try buying a home on Long Island and then talk to me about frustration with the process. My wife and I are in the early stages of downsizing and the same tactics we've used three other times still appear to be working. We define a reasonable range price-wise, specs-wise and location-wise and sift through those things that fall into the net. If there are too few options, we tweak the formula to avoid having the problem you're likely facing.

I mean, there are a whole lot of homes for sale in Wake County right now.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:04 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
I thought I remembered the OP from prior posts. I thougt i remembered her expectatiins, wants, desires and budget to be difficult to nearly impossible. Turns out my memory is better than I thought it was.

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...am-county.html

I suspect that explains a lot of OP's frustration. OP, I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time imagining that renting for six months is gonna change anything.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:29 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
We have now decided to just rent when our house sells so we are there to look. See a,new listing we like only for it to be under contract that day or the next or go into a bidding war with 3 other buyers . A REAL HEADACHE. Being an hour and a half away we still have missed out . So now can you tell me a good apt, condo or townhome complex that might have semi retired, retired .
Thanks
This is not unique to Wake. My niece is going through the exact same experience in Northern Virginia. Waiting to hear on an offer they put in yesterday against 5 other offers.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:47 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,780 times
This is a boomtown fueled by idiots thinking the roads are paved with gold.

The rental prices may soon nosedive because of overbuilding.

Do not fall for the overheated market. Home prices may collapse.

If you want a great apartment with easy access to stores and a mall, try my community. Sterling Town Center. near the Triangle Town Center mall.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:16 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Based on what I am seeing right now in my business, things are very hot right now, especially in the very range the OP seems to be looking. Not sure if people are trying to get in before interest rates go up or what, but things are selling quickly, with multiple offers and short, expensive due diligence periods.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:48 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I mean, there are a whole lot of homes for sale in Wake County right now.
I don't think that's really a fair assessment. Wake County is a huge area and everyone has different things they are looking for in a home. A lot of homes spread out over the entire county doesn't mean there's a home over in the one neighborhood you really have your heart set on for whatever reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary