Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 05:29 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
m378 has a valid point. No assumptions about you, but any professional won't do it. The liability alone is reason enough. No assumptions about you personally, but people are not always educated in food handling, nor are they equipped to handle it properly. The risk of someone getting sick, and the chef getting blamed is just one of many reasons not to do it.

)
This. You want someone to bring a grill and cook the food you provide....I don't see that happening....and yes, the person should be insured, and their insurance probably doesn't cover them if they don't cook food they bring and handle. (And yes, you can buy insurance for ANY eventuality).

I'm sure this is quite do-able if you want to hire someone to cater the whole thing including bringing the grill. My niece's mother-in-law's catering company does just that (they are in NY unfortunately!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 05:39 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILOLI View Post
OK, then, Myghost. What is your company? I see your point.
I think Myghost meant that he used to cater grilled events, and no longer does, though he does it voluntarily for the events hosted by the company he works for now

Old 05-14-2018, 06:11 PM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times
if you're getting an insured person it's catering give me a break lol

Old 05-14-2018, 07:01 PM

58 posts, read 53,444 times
I think what I will do is rent a large grill, buy a large cooler, get the meat ourselves and ask a friend to grill. Can we be liable if someone gets sick off the meat? (small chance, but thought I'd ask)

Old 05-14-2018, 07:06 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
Quote:
I think what I will do is rent a large grill, buy a large cooler, get the meat ourselves and ask a friend to grill. Can we be liable if someone gets sick off the meat? (small chance, but thought I'd ask)

The men will gravitate to the grill and a few of them will take over. Trust me. Get a hold of a grill, place the cooler of drinks nearby and you will be set.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:07 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Yes. If you serve food to a guest and it made them sick and caused serious injury or death, and it can be proven you should have reasonably known that you were doing something that could cause the injury or death, then you could be held liable. And if you provide alcohol and one of your guests drinks too much and kills or hurts someone driving home you could be liable for that too.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:24 PM

58 posts, read 53,444 times
Got it, thanks, BC1960!

Old 05-14-2018, 07:35 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
What kind of friends do you have if they would sue you for getting sick from a cookout ?

Old 05-14-2018, 07:48 PM

888 posts, read 804,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
What kind of friends do you have if they would sue you for getting sick from a cookout ?
Did you just move to the US?

Old 05-14-2018, 08:07 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeru View Post
Did you just move to the US?
No, I just have better friends than that...
How many people have friends over for a cookout and worry about being sued ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary