Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 08:50 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,815,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiho View Post
Cheap check
Healthy check
Delicious check

I like anything that meets the above three
That describes Chik Fil-A. Evidently, a lot of people agree. EVERY location always has a line at the drive thru and a very crowded parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I dont like room temperature Mexican food.

No
No
No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 06:00 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,149,330 times
There is also Randys pizza on tw Alexander and page road, Your pie next to first watch and harrris teeter, and Harris teeter has a pizza station. Lots of choices and competition for. Allow.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:33 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiho View Post
Behind CarMax on Glenwood Avenue.
I thought they were closing

Old 07-01-2018, 09:17 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,573,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
You're referring to Slice, yes? I prefer Dominos. Laugh at me if you want. I haven't found very good pizza here in NC.
Define "very good". I like "A Slice of NY", I love Sergio's in Wakefield too. Anna's in Apex is authentic NY styled pizza as well.

Tony's lost me from the start because they weaseled out of honoring a coupon and their pizza was okay, but not worth going out of my way for.

And I'm sorry, you can prefer Domino's because it's still pizza, but it's not comparable to artisan fare. That's like comparing beef served at Golden Corral to Angus Barn.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:32 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
And I'm sorry, you can prefer Domino's because it's still pizza, but it's not comparable to artisan fare. That's like comparing beef served at Golden Corral to Angus Barn.
There's that word again - "artisan" - the last time I heard that in context of pizza was our first and last visit to Brixx. The server who uttered the word describing their offerings seemed proud of it. Then the Brixx "artisan' pizza arrived, and with it, our trust in how that word is used by some establishments.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:19 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,053,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Define "very good". I like "A Slice of NY", I love Sergio's in Wakefield too. Anna's in Apex is authentic NY styled pizza as well.

Tony's lost me from the start because they weaseled out of honoring a coupon and their pizza was okay, but not worth going out of my way for.

What the heck is artisan pizza???

Old 07-02-2018, 08:37 AM

21 posts, read 19,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I thought they were closing
Tony's? Please say it ain't so!

Old 07-02-2018, 09:33 AM

346 posts, read 338,926 times
slightly off topic but same general area .... anyone know what’s being built by the BC Harris Teeter? Look like fairly large structures.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:01 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,824,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarksn9 View Post
slightly off topic but same general area .... anyone know what’s being built by the BC Harris Teeter? Look like fairly large structures.
This is covered in several other threads, but the short version is:
The developer of the BC HT is also constructing three buildings to be leased. Only when they're leased will the interior be finished for what-ever purpose the renter needs. (So there's no way to predict what will go in, until the renter's work happens).

Old 07-02-2018, 10:03 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,308 times
Really stupid placement IMO. Mellow Mushroom is just going to vulture clientele from Brixx and vice versa. In the end they'll both struggle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary