Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 08:29 AM

35 posts, read 26,468 times

Advertisements

Relocating from Miami, Fl at the end of the month. I need info on what each of the cities as it relates to crime. I know crime is everywhere just trying to identify the safest for a single mom and three small children. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 11:02 AM

35 posts, read 61,747 times
I recently relocated from So. Fla and you definitely won't have to worry about crime in any of those areas compared to Miami. Apex is a great area for families and is very centrally located. I actually ended up out in FV because the housing options were much more in line with what we were hoping for. We also figured that if we were going to move out of So. Fla we didn't want the same cookie cutter shopping strips. There are a ton of those conveniences coming but FV still has a little small town charm. There's also two downtowns that are quickly growing and a TON of family friendly events. Between the food truck rodeos, spring/fall concert series, balloon fest, ice cream social, and easter egg run it seems like there was a family focused event every weekend. Kids are also welcome EVERYWHERE in FV, and that includes the breweries. Holly Springs and Apex are also great. As you get closer to RTP and Raleigh the housing prices go up but if you work out there your commutes are also better. I find the downtown areas in FV to be much more walkable and enjoyable than what you'll find in Holly Springs but they are also growing like gangbusters so who knows what the next 5 years will bring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary