Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 01:47 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,344,694 times

Advertisements

We’ve got a nonstop flight on Delta coming up to LAX. It’s a 737-800. Has anyone flown it recently? I’m a little confused about the in flight entertainment options. I got an email from them suggesting I download an app to play movies on my own device. Does this plane have screens?

Thanks for any clarification. I know my teens would really like to have movies to watch so wanna be sure we’ve got that covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 01:52 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,276,961 times
According to this there is seat-back screens:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ta-studio.html

If not, just bring have them watch on their phones.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:42 PM
TLB

17 posts, read 30,948 times
I flew this route back in February, and they did indeed have seatback screens.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:00 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
I flew this in June and yes, they had seatback screens.

I don't remember if they provided headphones or not because we flew a few times/places in June and after a while, they just become a jumbled memory!

We paid extra for exit seats and it was one of the best flights I've ever taken!

Old 07-23-2018, 03:13 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,344,694 times
Awesome. Glad to hear it.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:53 PM

422 posts, read 524,278 times
SeatGuru says: "Most of Delta's Boeing 737-800 coded 73H feature AVOD in addition to personal satellite TV at every seat. All other 737-800s, coded 738 or 73Y, still have overhead TVs in both cabins. Delta is in the process of converting all 738s to 73Hs." So probably, but not necessarily.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:09 PM

498 posts, read 854,456 times
Can I piggy back on this?

We want to start a vacation in North County San Diego and end at Disneyland. I am a fearful flyer and prefer nonstop, BUT we can’t spend a ton more for crazy configurations of flights.

I understand Frontier is staring a nonstop to San Diego soon, but I don’t want a pilot new to landing at San Diego.

I’ve been going around in circles with this, comparing age of fleets and renting the car one place or the other and handing it in at Anaheim in the middle of the trip to avoid the nightly car fee.

Would you choose nonstop to LAX and driving to North County San Diego or 1 stop on Southwest to San Diego and driving 1/2 hour to North County?

I really appreciate any insight you can send my way! Thank you!!

Old 07-23-2018, 04:30 PM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAlicia View Post
Can I piggy back on this?

We want to start a vacation in North County San Diego and end at Disneyland. I am a fearful flyer and prefer nonstop, BUT we can’t spend a ton more for crazy configurations of flights.

I understand Frontier is staring a nonstop to San Diego soon, but I don’t want a pilot new to landing at San Diego.

I’ve been going around in circles with this, comparing age of fleets and renting the car one place or the other and handing it in at Anaheim in the middle of the trip to avoid the nightly car fee.

Would you choose nonstop to LAX and driving to North County San Diego or 1 stop on Southwest to San Diego and driving 1/2 hour to North County?

I really appreciate any insight you can send my way! Thank you!!

Are you gonna have luggage to check? If so, Southwest, or plan on paying at least $25 per bag.

and avoid Frontier. I don't worry about the "pilot new to landing at San Diego". I worry about the extra fees they charge, the fact that if they cancel or delay your flight, you're screwed until who-knows-when, and so on and so forth.

I'm surprised that other legacy airlines don't fly nonstop to San Diego. . .

PS - rental car. Get one off airport site and save a ton of money. The airport taxes will kill ya. Just take an uber to the nearest off airport site.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:02 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,810,996 times
Frontier to Cali? I don't think so. It's fine for short hops, not a cross country flight, plus the extra fees JK mentioned.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:15 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,941,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAlicia View Post
I think Frontier is OK for very short flights especially if you have no luggage. I would never use them for a flight from here to CA. Even beverages will cost you on Frontier. Plus unless you pay for a seat upgrade you won't even be able to recline your seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary