Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 01:10 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
They won't let you take certain phones. They won't let you take liquids over 3 ounces. They make you take your shoes off. They xray your baggage. They xray you. All because some people are criminals.

Its quite the right analogy.
The only phone I know is banned is an old Note 7. Those are recalled.

Do you get to keep your shoes after you take them off, or do you put them in a bag you can open after your flight?

Is there a great enough loss from piracy to justify locking up every cell phone? Ansari thinks so, but I am not convinced. There are ways to detect cellphones in use during a show.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:21 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
The only phone I know is banned is an old Note 7. Those are recalled.

Do you get to keep your shoes after you take them off, or do you put them in a bag you can open after your flight?

Is there a great enough loss from piracy to justify locking up every cell phone? Ansari thinks so, but I am not convinced. There are ways to detect cellphones in use during a show.
I admire you're stubbornness (somewhat) but the point is identical, and the analogy the same. The criminal behavior of a few affects how all of us are treated. its a fact of life.

Another fact is if you don't like the conditions placed on you in a particular situation, you are free to avoid that situation. Whining about it accomplishes nothing.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I admire you're stubbornness (somewhat) but the point is identical, and the analogy the same. The criminal behavior of a few affects how all of us are treated. its a fact of life.

Another fact is if you don't like the conditions placed on you in a particular situation, you are free to avoid that situation. Whining about it accomplishes nothing.
Sorry to hear you disagree with me, sniff. Many examples where we are not all treated as criminals day to day. You can always pick examples like police checkpoints for drunk driving. Those are exceptions. Not the norm.

We've already established that we choose to not spend money on people who treat us like criminals.

Is whining what you call it when someone disagrees with you?

Old 09-26-2018, 01:37 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,210,026 times
Dave Chappelle discusses why he doesn't allow cell phones. Whether you agree or not, its not for the simplistic reasons that everyone assumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Ev4N-2Zjw

Old 09-26-2018, 01:41 PM

These are multimillionaire comedians we're talking about. Are they really that affected by a few people recording their shows?

Old 09-26-2018, 01:42 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
These are multimillionaire comedians we're talking about. Are they really that affected by a few people recording their shows?
See, I knew that's what it was all about.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:46 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
They won't let you take certain phones. They won't let you take liquids over 3 ounces. They make you take your shoes off. They xray your baggage. They xray you. All because some people are criminals.

Its quite the right analogy.
And I decide with my dollars that flying is important enough to me (and my employer, more specifically) that I'm willing to submit to TSA's rules. I'm NOT willing to submit to rules set forth by a comedian. Nope. No thanks.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear you disagree with me, sniff. Many examples where we are not all treated as criminals day to day. You can always pick examples like police checkpoints for drunk driving. Those are exceptions. Not the norm.

We've already established that we choose to not spend money on people who treat us like criminals.

Is whining what you call it when someone disagrees with you?
Yes, we do disagree. its all good. Pointless complaining is what I call whining. Is an intelligent answer what you it when someone agrees with you?

Old 09-26-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
And I decide with my dollars that flying is important enough to me (and my employer, more specifically) that I'm willing to submit to TSA's rules. I'm NOT willing to submit to rules set forth by a comedian. Nope. No thanks.
Thats cool. Your choice. Just no point in going on a forum like this and bitching and moaning about it.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:50 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
Dave Chappelle discusses why he doesn't allow cell phones. Whether you agree or not, its not for the simplistic reasons that everyone assumes.
Let's be honest, it also helps them avoid being splashed on TMZ when they have a Michael Richards-esque meltdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary