Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 02:10 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,394,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Wow. Thanks for the childish response.
I assume you were looking in the mirror as you typed that.

What can be more childish than to throw a fit about having a rule you don't like being imposed on you? Its the equivalent of a child kicking and screaming on the grocery store floor because mom won't buy froot loops, lol.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:12 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,539,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I assume you were looking in the mirror as you typed that.
Now the discussion has devolved to "I'm rubber you're glue"?

Old 09-26-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
What can be more childish than to throw a fit about having a rule you don't like being imposed on you? Its the equivalent of a child kicking and screaming on the grocery store floor because mom won't buy froot loops, lol.
Who's throwing a fit? I'm simply choosing not to spend my money going to the show of a comedian with this policy. But hey, keep the insults coming.

If you're okay with all rules imposed you and never object to any of them, that's great. No really. Good for you. I can't do it. If I don't like a rule and I have an option not to participate, I choose not to participate. That's not kicking and screaming on the grocery store floor. That's simply saying "Nope. Not willing to do that. No thanks. I'll pass."

Last edited by hertfordshire; 09-26-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 09-26-2018, 02:15 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,070,841 times
Quote:
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Maybe you'll get a trophy from your cell phone company for your courageous stand!
This is a discussion about rules for cellphones at a performing venue. I'm not sure why anyone needs a trophy for anything.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
This is a discussion about rules for cellphones at a performing venue. I'm not sure why anyone needs a trophy for anything.
Well, maybe if you think hard, you'll figure it out!

Old 09-26-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Now the discussion has devolved to "I'm rubber you're glue"?
If so, you get the thanks for that.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:32 PM

13,717 posts, read 12,462,759 times
Quote:
The other interesting question is how do they pay for these Yondr locking pouches? Does DPAC own them or do they travel with the performer who insists on them? And does the cost get passed along in the ticket price (I would assume it has to)? Are you paying extra to have your phone locked up?
The artists partner with them.

Look, I see people snapchatting huge amounts of concerts all the time. Not that big a deal since the quality is so garbage that its merely annoying.

A comedian is different. The crowd is quiet when not laughing. Usually, if I go see a concert, I've heard many/most/all the songs before. I haven't heard a comedians jokes, and its their right to preserve that.

Bill Gates is worth Billions and its surely theft to take a bootleg copy of Windows as it is to take your neighbor's lawnmower.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:32 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,295,598 times
As much as I dislike people with their phones out constantly instead of just watching a show, I really don't want to go to a show where I cannot have my phone or my Apple Watch. Sheesh.

And, I know, I know... they lock them up and let you keep them. Which sounds like it takes even longer to get into the venue, because pretty much everyone but very young children and very old humans has a smart phone.

Nope. I am with zitsky. I would skip the show, too.

And, no... I am not an internet pirate. I do not have any copies of videos of shows on YouTube. I think I have a quick clip of Willie Nelson somewhere on my FB account because I promised an elderly relative I'd grab a couple of minutes of her favorite song the first time I saw him perform, but that was like, 1.5 minutes and nobody was seated behind me.

Willie is chill in the first place. Perhaps Aziz should consider smoking a bowl now and then.

Might also keep him from trying to grope women on dates.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:

If you're okay with all rules imposed you and never object to any of them, that's great. No really. Good for you. I can't do it. If I don't like a rule and I have an option not to participate, I choose not to participate.
Absoutely. I've already stated thats the acceptable and reasonable course of action. But all the drama about being treated like a child and a criminal on this forum is over the top, imo.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Absoutely. I've already stated thats the acceptable and reasonable course of action. But all the drama about being treated like a child and a criminal on this forum is over the top, imo.

Well, that's my reasoning for choosing not to participate, so it was relevant to the discussion. Don't agree with me? That's perfectly fine. But it's still the way I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary