Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemi808 View Post
That is great. Not only will my two favorite grocery stores be in the same shopping center, but they will be together in the same shopping center as my favorite restaurant, Sassool.

I agree. I love Aldi and Sasool, and will go to TJ's a lot more if I'm already there for Aldi.

Does anyone know when it might open? This will be very convenient for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 09:04 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,546,172 times
A friend emailed Aldi corporate and said it was in error.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:19 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,282,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
A friend emailed Aldi corporate and said it was in error.
Wow. I'm trying to figure out how and error like that would even happen.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:28 AM

16,425 posts, read 12,529,688 times
Well I’m at Shoppes of Kildare now ... I’m not sure which sign is pictured in the OP, but I checked two signs and they’re both completely blank at the moment. Even the names of the existing stores have been removed.

I checked the one by Tijuana Flats (which I’m guessing is the one in the pic) as well as the one by the light near Wendy’s. I don’t know if there’s a sign at the IHOP entrance.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:01 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,480,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
The Roses on Roxboro Street in Durham comes to mind. The Big Lots on Avondale has also seen better days.
The Big Lots building on Avondale was Winn-Dixie before they moved to where Compare Foods current spot. That Roses on Duke street was EXACTLY what I had in mind when I made that comment, especially when it comes to their restrooms.

CaryCitizen reports that the Aldi sign was put up in error and that Aldi is actually NOT coming to the Shoppes of Kildare.

As far as the soon to be demolished Carolina Pottery up the street at Mayfair Plaza, they should consider moving it to the vacant Kroger off of Six Forks in Raleigh. I also don’t really consider Michaels and Hobby Lobby their competition. At Home and HomeGoods iMO are their primary competition.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:13 AM

580 posts, read 712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Well I’m at Shoppes of Kildare now ... I’m not sure which sign is pictured in the OP, but I checked two signs and they’re both completely blank at the moment. Even the names of the existing stores have been removed.

I checked the one by Tijuana Flats (which I’m guessing is the one in the pic) as well as the one by the light near Wendy’s. I don’t know if there’s a sign at the IHOP entrance.
I saw the sign Friday night by Wendy's- all filled in with Aldi's name there too.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:09 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,994,927 times
As expected, the "error" in listing Aldi on the sign was simply that it was prematurely added, not that there weren't plans for a store. There's a building plan that was filed with the town back in October.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:32 PM

114 posts, read 327,102 times
That is great news, I wonder when it will be opening?

Old 02-23-2019, 03:13 AM

43,323 posts, read 77,177,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
As expected, the "error" in listing Aldi on the sign was simply that it was prematurely added, not that there weren't plans for a store. There's a building plan that was filed with the town back in October.

This will stress the parking lots. Aldi will add tons more cars than the furniture store ever did, and the parking lot often isn't easy already.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:52 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,546,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
This will stress the parking lots. Aldi will add tons more cars than the furniture store ever did, and the parking lot often isn't easy already.

What a parking nightmare that will be. I suspect a Hendrick-owned Caliber Collision will appear nearby, perhaps in downtown Cary. ;-)

TOC PD reports for hit-run stuff there are quite common already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary