Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,509,323 times

Advertisements

We've only visited NC and rented for a couple of months, just to get a feel for it.

We liked Chapel Hill schools. We toured them, got the stats, etc. But we wanted to move to a town where there were more transplants, like Cary or Apex. We wanted to "blend in" more, if that is even possible to do. LOL Chapel Hill IS absolutely beautiful though, if you don't mind the college town feel.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 08:37 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,114,450 times
You will blend in just fine no matter where in the triangle you choose to live. Transplants abound in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Garner, Clayton, Cary, Wake Forest, Apex, Fuquay, Holly Springs and everywhere in between, You should move to a place where you feel comfortable and you can call home!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:49 AM

19 posts, read 52,827 times
Default School System Choices

One good option to consider would be the Chapel Hill - Carrboro School System. It has a very good reputation, based on SAT test scores and college enrollments/acceptances for the high school graduates. Like any other County in the Triangle area, there is population growth going on, which results in new schools being built and then re-assignment. But the reassignment rate is dramatically lower than in Wake County.

Robert Grant

Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 AM

4 posts, read 10,983 times
I work at a wonderful charter school in the Wake Forest area. You could always apply for one of those. It's tough to get into but once you are in you are in. Plus K-12 is on the same schedule as far as days off.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 PM

153 posts, read 460,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nralhmbuyer View Post
I work at a wonderful charter school in the Wake Forest area. You could always apply for one of those. It's tough to get into but once you are in you are in. Plus K-12 is on the same schedule as far as days off.
I heard about this school...what is the name? I went to class with someone who said their child had just been accepted. But he said it was very tough to get into...almost had to know someone...

Old 04-09-2008, 02:24 PM

836 posts, read 3,470,926 times
Quote:
I think there will be somewhat of a reassignment shake up once Lacy's renovations are done.
I am not so certain how much more Lacy can take, even with the renovations. One of my twins kindergarten class is at 25 kids and the other is at 26.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 AM

906 posts, read 2,382,725 times
I've heard it mentioned that some of Lacy's students will get reassigned to Olds.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:07 AM

4 posts, read 10,983 times
The name of the charter school is Franklin Academy. It is hard to get into but it has nothing to do with knowing someone. It is a random lottery so I guess it's just based on luck. It just depends on the grade level and how many openings there are.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:33 AM

420 posts, read 1,398,053 times
When we moved here last year, we chose Johnston County for the schools and couldn't be happier with them. Dh works in Morrisville. Had the redistricting not been an issue in Wake...we would have chosen Wake Forest or Cary. I think the school system itself is good...but that reassigning for diversity stuff is turning many away.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:47 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
This is why so many are home schooling.
Out of frustration at the alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary