Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 06:41 PM

4,555 posts, read 3,754,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
What? One has nothing to do with the other.
Places in the Triangle are deemed "family friendly" therefore, people want to take their kids there. Not sure what you don't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 06:50 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Places in the Triangle are deemed "family friendly" therefore, people want to take their kids there. Not sure what you don't understand.
I don't agree that bars (not restaurants) are family friendly in the Triangle, nor should they be. Especially at night.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I don't agree that bars (not restaurants) are family friendly in the Triangle, nor should they be. Especially at night.
I'm not sure what you mean by "bars?" Those places with pool tables, smokers and no kids to be found? I agree with you there.

But if you go around the Triangle, we all find plenty of breweries where there are kids all around the place and nobody really gives a ****. Of course, breweries like Ponysaurus in Durham are more welcome to kids than others, but the majority of them are welcome to kids anyway.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "bars?" Those places with pool tables, smokers and no kids to be found? I agree with you there.

But if you go around the Triangle, we all find plenty of breweries where there are kids all around the place and nobody really gives a ****. Of course, breweries like Ponysaurus in Durham are more welcome to kids than others, but the majority of them are welcome to kids anyway.
Right, and I don't agree that kids should be going to places where the primary activity is drinking, especially at night. That's where I go to get a break from kids.

Children have no business in a drinking-only establishment - even if there's giant jenga or soccer pool.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Right, and I don't agree that kids should be going to places where the primary activity is drinking, especially at night. That's where I go to get a break from kids.

Children have no business in a drinking-only establishment - even if there's giant jenga or soccer pool.
Okay, I get you. But I'm not going to agree to a certain time on when you want me out of a brewery. If I'm visiting a family-friend brewery and my kid stays up til 9pm, then I will stay til 8.30pm and I could care less what anyone else thinks. Not every kid goes to sleep at 7pm when the sun is still shining. \

If someone wants a break from kids, then go to downtown Raleigh late at night like we all used to in undergrad. I must say, going out downtown Raleigh after 10pm is fun. Stop thinking your old person "going out" at 8pm deserves a kid-free atmosphere.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Okay, I get you. But I'm not going to agree to a certain time on when you want me out of a brewery. If I'm visiting a family-friend brewery and my kid stays up til 9pm, then I will stay til 8.30pm and I could care less what anyone else thinks. Not every kid goes to sleep at 7pm when the sun is still shining. \

If someone wants a break from kids, then go to downtown Raleigh late at night like we all used to in undergrad. I must say, going out downtown Raleigh after 10pm is fun. Stop thinking your old person "going out" at 8pm deserves a kid-free atmosphere.
By definition a brewery that doesn't have food (food trucks don't count), is not family friendly. It feels funny to me to take my kids to an establishment and have them run around or sit there bored while I sit there and drink beers. That is much different than going out for lunch or dinner with the kids and having a couple beers.

I am way too old to head out to DT Raleigh at 10pm - no desire. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to go out to a local drinking establishment at 8pm without kids running around. If you want to go out with your wife/husband/friends and drink beers at 8pm, get a babysitter so you (and others) can enjoy yourselves. I don't see the issue.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:

By definition a brewery that doesn't have food (food trucks don't count), is not family friendly. It feels funny to me to take my kids to an establishment and have them run around or sit there bored while I sit there and drink beers. That is much different than going out for lunch or dinner with the kids and having a couple beers.

I am way too old to head out to DT Raleigh at 10pm - no desire. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to go out to a local drinking establishment at 8pm without kids running around. If you want to go out with your wife/husband/friends and drink beers at 8pm, get a babysitter so you (and others) can enjoy yourselves. I don't see the issue.
It's not my fault that you are "too old" to go to downtown Raleigh.

Well, we are just getting into details now then, aren't we? Bond Brothers in Cary has food trucks and has TONS of kids around. Do those kids stay past 8pm? Yes, many times they do.

Personally, I have not been to breweries that don't have food trucks past 8pm, so not sure if kids are still there. Regardless, tons of breweries in the area that we go to, have kids running around and it seems to be just a part of the entire atmosphere.

Regardless, it's great that we live in an area that is kid-friendly and all of my NJ/NY/PA AND NC neighbors love about this area. They all think it's the best place to live and I agree.

You can go to your Louis CK show at Raleigh Improv [Cary] and enjoy the kid-free atmosphere with the disgusting anti-women jokes.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:55 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
Quote:

It has nothing to do when a poster on here "wants you out", it has everything to do with the time that a business decides it doesn't want children in its establishment. Their business, their rules.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
It has nothing to do when a poster on here "wants you out", it has everything to do with the time that a business decides it doesn't want children in its establishment. Their business, their rules.
Yeah, no sh*t. But we are approaching 13 pages on a thread that deals with kids in a brewery - therefore, people have different opinions on it. If a business wants kids out at 8pm, then that's fine . But the discussion here is more than that.

Therefore, if I want to take my kids to any brewery at anytime, then I can do that.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:10 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
Quote:
Yeah, no sh*t. But we are approaching 13 pages on a thread that deals with kids in a brewery - therefore, people have different opinions on it. If a business wants kids out at 8pm, then that's fine . But the discussion here is more than that.

Therefore, if I want to take my kids to any brewery at anytime, then I can do that.
Completely nonsensical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary