Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 08:30 PM

4,558 posts, read 3,761,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Completely nonsensical.
You're nonsensical. Explain further. Only someone like you would really care about arguing about something so stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 08:42 PM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Look, if people want to bring kids to a brewery or any other place that allows it, no problem, just freaking watch your kids like you are supposed to and don’t let them run around unattended. Bam, problem solved. Not to be all “back in my day” but I’m mid to late 40s and back in my day my parents would not stand for us running around like these kids do.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:50 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,980,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Look, if people want to bring kids to a brewery or any other place that allows it, no problem, just freaking watch your kids like you are supposed to and don’t let them run around unattended. Bam, problem solved. Not to be all “back in my day” but I’m mid to late 40s and back in my day my parents would not stand for us running around like these kids do.
yet you had way more independence than kids today

Old 02-01-2019, 09:02 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
By definition a brewery that doesn't have food (food trucks don't count), is not family friendly.
There's nothing "by definition" about it. Some places allow and even encourage families. Others don't. It is up to the establishment.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:14 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,280,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
There's nothing "by definition" about it. Some places allow and even encourage families. Others don't. It is up to the establishment.
Of course it's up to the establishment. But last I checked, the drinking age is 21, so what should children do at a drinking-only establishment?

What is the benefit to bringing your children with you while you go drinking?

Old 02-01-2019, 10:01 PM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Quote:
Of course it's up to the establishment. But last I checked, the drinking age is 21, so what should children do at a drinking-only establishment?

The benefit is a brewery gets customers they would otherwise lose out on because people would stay home or go elsewhere.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:08 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
You're nonsensical. Explain further. Only someone like you would really care about arguing about something so stupid.
LOL, pot meet kettle.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:51 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,905,321 times
Quote:

Don't even bother.

Hard to imagine that some of these people advocating for kids in breweries/bars are actually parents.

They actually are responsible for a whole child. Good gracious...

Sometimes I wanna call DSS Child Protective Services on them.

You ever meet people, and they're so warped in the the head, then they mention they have kids and it literally spooks you out? Like... ugh... feel so sorry for those kids...

That's how I feel in here too many times on here...

Old 02-02-2019, 05:53 AM

34,940 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Did regular restaurants quit serving alcohol?

I don’t see why anyone’s pissed that a brewery has a curfew.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:12 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:

Drinking is also something you do at a family reunion. If you're not careful, you can apply the same logic to a family reunion. (Yes, I went a little over the top to make a point)

1. I am in favor of the establishment making whatever rules they want, as long as they don't violate laws.
2. I think a brewery can still be a family-friendly place too. Not mutually exclusive
3. Go to bond brothers on any sunny afternoon. I realize the discussion is about "after 8PM", but if you are going to make the bolded statement, then you might as well argue that it should be all the time, not just after 8 (Where do you draw the line).

All this to say, I support the brewery to make whatever environment they want. Some will allow kids to run around until closing, and clients will respond. Some will be 21+, always, and that will draw a different crowd. If it were my business, I'd probably go with "curfew after 8 (or 9), I think it's reasonable.

Edit: Not comparing kids to dogs, but isn't this really the same kind of argument of allowing dogs or not allowing? I think it is. It all comes back to "what crowd does the owner want to cater to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary