Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 12:06 PM

888 posts, read 804,898 times

Advertisements

Another gridlock is when a police car has somebody pulled over and 4 lanes of traffic slow down and rubberneck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 07:45 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
If it feels like I am going too fast and traffic is too close I will just slow down and drive in the right lane. A couple MPH under the limit usually does it.
I like to drive 80. But if everyone else is doing it and getting too close, I'll back off. I watch for people who want to do 80+, and let them through. My thinking is, I would rather they occupied the cop's attention and he ignored me.
So far so good. I was a truck driver for a few years, and I figure over the last 58 years of driving I must have driven over 3 million miles. Last ticket - illegal U-Turn on a holiday - was in '91.
I hate interstate drivers who want to go the same speed as I do so they act as if they're connected to my rear end and cling to me but let me be the lead car in case going 78 in a 70 is enough for a cop to pull someone over.

I too will just slow down and move over just to get rid of them, because they could never stop in time if I had to for whatever reason.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:11 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
I hate interstate drivers who want to go the same speed as I do so they act as if they're connected to my rear end and cling to me but let me be the lead car in case going 78 in a 70 is enough for a cop to pull someone over.

I too will just slow down and move over just to get rid of them, because they could never stop in time if I had to for whatever reason.
It's really the only thing anyone can do in that situation, I hate it too, you'd think they'd have the sense to see you're / I'm as safely close to the car in front and moving at the fastest rate of traffic, some drivers clearly don't get it.

What's worse and happened to me two weeks ago was yet another aggressive young woman on my ass at 78-79mph while trying to maintain a safe distance, but with so much traffic to my right (I was in a middle lane) there was no safe way in to the right lane for quite a while as I witnessed through the rear-view her repeatedly flailing her hands in a tantrum. No choice but to slowly ease my foot off the gas and gradually slow down.

Edit: FWIW, a multi-year, 43-page thread on this in the Automotive forum //www.city-data.com/forum/autom...ur-bumper.html

Last edited by Repatriot; 06-09-2019 at 08:48 PM..

Old 06-10-2019, 02:53 AM

45 posts, read 29,084 times
Twice a low life has beeped and flashed me for taking too long to enter the parking lot at BJ's Club.

These idiots are impossible not only on freeways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary