Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:06 PM

584 posts, read 2,422,911 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions on where to get the front windshield replaced thanks to a 2' long crack in Raleigh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,087,513 times
Avoid Raleigh Glass as they’re completely unprofessional! Moderator cut: off topic After missing two days of work because of those clowns I’ll never use them again.

Last edited by autumngal; 05-24-2008 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: flames and bashing is not permitted

Old 04-19-2008, 12:51 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,780,398 times
I used Safelite when I lived in California. They were, by far, the least expensive and most accomodating (came to the house and replaced it at no extra charge). The one downfall was the re-application of the chrome trim around my particular window. They replaced it with chromed plastic that fell off during a windy desert drive (they, then, came out to that location to replace it). However, the plastic, imo, was cheap and started to fade and deteriorate (on the surface)... so definitely ask them how they handle trim work and guarantee their work. Nonetheless, the windshield is still perfect after 8 years. I believe they have a presence here in NC.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:53 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,577,776 times
I have had 3 windshields replaced by Glassmasters and it didn't cost me a dime. I did take the vehicle to their shop because a guy I know who used to install auto glass told me I would get a better job since they are working inside and in a more of a controlled environment. It didn't even cost me a dime. Glassmasters will pay your comprehensive deductible and file the claim for you. From the time I pulled into the parking lot, completed the small amount of paper work, and had the windshield installed, I was leaving an hour later. They will even come to you if you are unable to spare an hour or so. I have never had an issue with any of the jobs they did for me. No leaks or wind noise. I highly recommend them.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:52 PM

188 posts, read 748,247 times
The best in the business, hands down, is Glass Surgeons of NC. Based out of Greenville, NC, the owner/ operator was one of the first in the country doing this kind of thing and is very astute and honest.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:54 PM

188 posts, read 748,247 times
not sure if this is allowed, but the Glass Surgeons of NC # is 252-321-0396. I am in no way affiliated, but have saved a ton of $$ using them.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:32 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,780,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I have had 3 windshields replaced by Glassmasters and it didn't cost me a dime. I did take the vehicle to their shop because a guy I know who used to install auto glass told me I would get a better job since they are working inside and in a more of a controlled environment. It didn't even cost me a dime. Glassmasters will pay your comprehensive deductible and file the claim for you. From the time I pulled into the parking lot, completed the small amount of paper work, and had the windshield installed, I was leaving an hour later. They will even come to you if you are unable to spare an hour or so. I have never had an issue with any of the jobs they did for me. No leaks or wind noise. I highly recommend them.
Just out of curiosity and not wanting to veer off-topic too much, but when the insurance company gets involved on such a small claim, does that work against a driver in NC with the possibility of a rate increase? Any first hand experiences? I paid for mine out of pocket for fear of rate issues, but if glass companies are offering that, it might be worth a look providing they are forthright about everything.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:54 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
I had a repair but no rate hit.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:07 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,577,776 times
Quote:
Just out of curiosity and not wanting to veer off-topic too much, but when the insurance company gets involved on such a small claim, does that work against a driver in NC with the possibility of a rate increase? Any first hand experiences? I paid for mine out of pocket for fear of rate issues, but if glass companies are offering that, it might be worth a look providing they are forthright about everything.
I'm not sure. It may depend on your driving record. My rates have never gone up due to the three claims I've made but it could be because I have no accidents or tickets also.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 PM

5 posts, read 15,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post
When you file a comprehensive claim your insurance company can not hold this against you, However the worst thing that could happen is they could raise your comprehensive insurance deductible.
Larry Diesbach
[mod] tos violation [/mod]

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-24-2008 at 08:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary