Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 11:37 AM

10 posts, read 58,887 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a company that does bungee in the RTP area? Any info on whitewater, hang-gliding or other such activities would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:59 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,773,458 times
Whitewater - The Haw River is popular after a rain. I've done the Chicken Bridge to Bynum section several times. iirc the section from Bynum to Jordan Lake is supposed to be very good for more advanced paddlers. Check out Bob Benner's excellent Carolina Whitewater and A Paddler's Guide to Eastern North Carolina books. My serious kayaker coworker usually heads west to the real stuff, though. Nantahala, Gauley, etc.

(also should mention Paul Ferguson's Paddling Eastern North Carolina book)

Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 AM

10 posts, read 58,887 times
awesome, thanks. I guess bungee jumping just isn't as popular as it used to be.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:59 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill1346 View Post
awesome, thanks. I guess bungee jumping just isn't as popular as it used to be.
I know there are hang gliding outfits around the outerbanks, if you google it you should find some info.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:10 AM

40 posts, read 144,146 times
I've never done bungee jumping. I hope it's never too late to start.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:55 AM

62 posts, read 406,981 times
Checkout REI. They usually have a wall in front of the cash registers with tons of info and brochures on rafting, kayaking etc.
Not sure about bungee jumping, I think the fad is fading.

There is a place near Jockey's Ridge that used to offer Hang-gliding lessons off the ridge.

There is or used to be quite a bit of hang gliding, para-gliding activity around the foothills and especially Sauratown mtn (not for beginners).
Sauratown Mountain Hang Gliding Club

Checkout Fresh Breeze Powered Paragliders by Southern Skies
they have a paragliding school and can probably tell you anything you want to know about hang gliding in the area.

There is also a place at Falls Lake that rents kayaks, wouldn't call it "whitewater" but they can probably point you in the right direction.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:06 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,150,198 times
Yes, I realize this is a VERY old thread.... BUMP.

Anyone know of a place to do Bungee Jumping within, say, a 6 hour drive?

A friend and I have started working on our bucket list, and this is on it. (Not interested in the kind where they sling-shot you up. We want to jump off of something, free-falling, and then booooiiiiingggg!)

Thanks.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:19 PM

881 posts, read 2,254,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Yes, I realize this is a VERY old thread.... BUMP.

Anyone know of a place to do Bungee Jumping within, say, a 6 hour drive?

A friend and I have started working on our bucket list, and this is on it. (Not interested in the kind where they sling-shot you up. We want to jump off of something, free-falling, and then booooiiiiingggg!)

Thanks.
The Track in Pigeon Forge, TN. You can also go zorbing in Pigeon Forge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary