Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2021, 10:46 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,954,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
So it looks like NCDHHS updated/corrected the vaccination numbers, at least for Orange County. The other week it said they were 80% fully vaccinated. It showed that for at least several days if not a couple of weeks, that I just stopped checking because I figured the county could not get much more vaccinated than that. I look today, and lo and behold, the numbers now say that Orange County is 69% fully vaccinated (72% partially). I'm not sure where error came from, but this seems more likely.

In the Triangle area, it looks like this for fully vaccinated:

Orange 69%
Wake 65
Durham 63
Granville 57
Chatham 52
Franklin 48
Johnston 46

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/vaccinations
I'm wondering if the 80% you saw was for "18 and over" because the percentage for that age range currently reflects 79%. The 69% is for "12 and older".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 10:46 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,311,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
I'm wondering if the 80% you saw was for 18 and over because the percentage for that age range currently reflects 79%. The 69% is for 12 and older.
Yep - I was thinking the same.

Old 10-07-2021, 11:27 AM

428 posts, read 226,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
well, it's the "Covid in the Triangle" thread. That could be posters on CD, or in this thread, or just any general citizens in the community.

I suppose "in NC" is fine as well, since so many of the info we use is from NCDHHS
Venture over to the “Politics and Other Controversies” section of CD and you will find folks with all sorts of ‘interesting’ beliefs. A veritable brain trust of ‘researchers’ over there. Fair warning, you may feel like taking a shower afterwards.

Also, I’d say there is a reasonable chance anyone who continues to repeat “the flu kills more people” or ‘there is only a [insert your favorite stat] chance of dying from COVID” as the reason we should not wear masks, practice social distancing, and get the vaccine are strong candidates for not believing in long COVID.

Old 10-07-2021, 01:05 PM

9,782 posts, read 15,836,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
I'm wondering if the 80% you saw was for "18 and over" because the percentage for that age range currently reflects 79%. The 69% is for "12 and older".
Nope! I've been tracking this almost daily, and I've been looking in the same spot for months. I hadn't looked in the past week or so because the figure wasn't changing very frequently. At some point in the last week or so, the data on that chart was changed for Orange County.

ETA: Ha, I just decided to do a search and voila, they decreased the percentage in Orange County because some shots that were administered in Orange County were for residents of other counties and were being mis-reported to Orange. See, I know I'm not crazy!

https://chapelboro.com/news/coronavi...ed-why-is-that

Old 10-11-2021, 01:02 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,552,860 times
Mention:
an update from WakeMed Cary hospital on COVID impacts-

https://carycitizen.news/2021/10/11/...dates-transit/

("Mayor’s Mailbox" at the end is priceless.)

Old 10-12-2021, 09:22 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,289,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Mention:
an update from WakeMed Cary hospital on COVID impacts-

https://carycitizen.news/2021/10/11/...dates-transit/

("Mayor’s Mailbox" at the end is priceless.)
I wonder how many ICU patients they have now, down from the 60 mentioned at the peak.

In NC...

cases down > 50%
hospitalizations down 43%
ICU's down 39%
admissions down 46%
deaths down slightly - hopefully those hospitalizations/ICU's drop this number significantly in the next 10 days

in Wake Co ...

cases down ~2/3
deaths back down to single/some days with none.

Old 10-12-2021, 01:49 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,311,958 times
Wake is down to 4.4% positive tests. How bout those mask mandates - especially you Cary?

Old 10-12-2021, 03:03 PM

22,728 posts, read 36,946,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I wonder how many ICU patients they have now, down from the 60 mentioned at the peak.

In NC...

cases down > 50%
hospitalizations down 43%
ICU's down 39%
admissions down 46%
deaths down slightly - hopefully those hospitalizations/ICU's drop this number significantly in the next 10 days

in Wake Co ...

cases down ~2/3
deaths back down to single/some days with none.
I wonder too b/c we've been waiting on emergency surgery for a family member at Duke since Saturday and they have come up with a litany of excuses including "all our beds are going to COVID patients" and the cases have dropped so much I'm calling BS. Really not impressed with Duke right now. Threatened to file a complaint and now magically the surgery is tomorrow. We'll see.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:09 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,485,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
Venture over to the “Politics and Other Controversies” section of CD and you will find folks with all sorts of ‘interesting’ beliefs. A veritable brain trust of ‘researchers’ over there. Fair warning, you may feel like taking a shower afterwards.

Also, I’d say there is a reasonable chance anyone who continues to repeat “the flu kills more people” or ‘there is only a [insert your favorite stat] chance of dying from COVID” as the reason we should not wear masks, practice social distancing, and get the vaccine are strong candidates for not believing in long COVID.
Someone had to say it; That place was a cesspool long before COVID-19 came around.

Anyone who believes the virus doesn’t exist is more than a few eggs short of a dozen.

I’ve seen that same song and dance before and it ain’t pretty.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:56 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,289,021 times
Anybody notice that Wake County positivity is down to 4.3% for a 14-day average?

Durham 3.6%, Orange 2.6%

That Wake 65 vaccination is 99% fully/100% 1-dose; adult is 79% fully/82% 1-dose

Durham is 93/96 and 76/80

Orange is 100/100 and 80/82
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary