Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2022, 06:24 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,291,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
It sounds like the Kidd Rd folks had reason to believe they may have been exposed at a holiday gathering. I'd hope anyone planning on going back to work or school would have the sense to get tested as they did.
Literally "why"?

If the party was < 7 days ago, and you absolutely know a person tested positive after the party, and you were chatting with them face to face for a while ... and you have to go to work tomorrow/next day? Sure. But do you see the qualifiers? Do you have some science-driven issue with those qualifiers?

But in the same space as some unidentified person you "heard" tested positive? And you're vaxxed and maybe even boosted? And have no symptoms? And you're not going to work or school (no idea where "school" came from) in the next 2-3 days? The people interviewed named not one of your conditions.

And that's why I ask "why?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 06:39 PM

3,732 posts, read 2,070,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Literally "why"?

If the party was < 7 days ago, and you absolutely know a person tested positive after the party, and you were chatting with them face to face for a while ... and you have to go to work tomorrow/next day? Sure. But do you see the qualifiers? Do you have some science-driven issue with those qualifiers?

But in the same space as some unidentified person you "heard" tested positive? And you're vaxxed and maybe even boosted? And have no symptoms? And you're not going to work or school (no idea where "school" came from) in the next 2-3 days? The people interviewed named not one of your conditions.

And that's why I ask "why?"
That sorta far fetched dude.

I was at a Holiday party on the 18th where a dude passed a test to go to a play with his daughters that day, got hammered, felt like **** the Sunday after, got tested again Monday, popped positive for COVID. Texted everyone at the party Monday “hey sorry, I had COVID at the party….not the first impression I was hoping to make” and three other people ended up getting it, two of which were never introduced to him let alone “chatting with them face to face for a while”…meanwhile I shared a J bone with him and didn’t get it (go figure).

I went out and bought tests in Rolesville that week and my company has been closed for two weeks on winter break….

(And yes the three people who got it were vaxxed and boosted, one of which has taken this last two years very seriously because her pops is dying of cancer and has basically no immune system left.)

You make it sound like it’s tough to get. Meanwhile we have confirmed cases of people getting it from across Hotel hallways with no contact between the guests.

School started back today for us. My daughter was home sick (we got a test from a friend and she is negative)

Old 01-03-2022, 06:40 PM

I ask this not to be antagonistic, but to understand.

Theoretically, we all know we can ALL be negative today, and symptomatic/contagious 3 days from now.

Are we all really go going to do some type of testing every 2 or 3 days?

Old 01-03-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I ask this not to be antagonistic, but to understand.

Theoretically, we all know we can ALL be negative today, and symptomatic/contagious 3 days from now.

Are we all really go going to do some type of testing every 2 or 3 days?
No. But there is a gulf of difference between “testing every 2-3 days” and “did you meet all seven of these qualifiers?”

Point is, you can do your due diligence without going all the way to testing every 2-3 days.

Got exposed. Knew we had plans for the Holidays. Got tested. Told the hosts “hey we were exposed. We have tested, we are negative. We will stay home”… “F that, we ain’t skeered” “Cool see you Saturday”

Last edited by GVoR; 01-03-2022 at 06:52 PM..

Old 01-03-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
That sorta far fetched dude.

I was at a Holiday party on the 18th where a dude passed a test to go to a play with his daughters that day, got hammered, felt like **** the Sunday after, got tested again Monday, popped positive for COVID. Texted everyone at the party Monday “hey sorry, I had COVID at the party….not the first impression I was hoping to make” and three other people ended up getting it, two of which were never introduced to him let alone “chatting with them face to face for a while”…meanwhile I shared a J bone with him and didn’t get it (go figure).

I went out and bought tests in Rolesville and my company has been closed for two weeks on winter break….

(And yes the three people who got it were vaxxed and boosted, one of which has taken this last two years very seriously because her pops is dying of cancer and has basically no immune system left.)

You make it sound like it’s tough to get. Meanwhile we have confirmed cases of people getting it from across Hotel hallways with no contact between the guests.

School started back today for us. My daughter was home sick (we got a test from a friend and she is negative)
you're on of my faves, because you bring a perspective and sometimes some lexicon with which we're not familiar. I know what a T-bone is, and can only assume what a J-bone is (probably pretty accurately)

And thus the point is, one thing we have learned is that

1. nobody knows who will be infected and who will be infected by the infected

2. except the vast majority (really 95%+) of serious outcomes (hospitalization or worse) will be a well-defined demographic that starts with older people, runs through the seriously obese, catches the asthmatic (and other breathing issues) and includes the immune-compromised.

And with Omicron or ANY prior variant, there's zero reason to believe that 3 people that didn't interact with him by your description above caught it FROM him.

I spent 3 hours with my sister on Christmas Eve in a small maskless group (8 people) always in the same smallish room (I live in an old 8 ft ceiling house) from 16-80 years old. She felt bad on Christmas Day and tested positive (at-home test) on the 27th. Not one of the other 7, including her husband, has had a symptom or positive tests

Old 01-03-2022, 06:53 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,880,307 times
I'm in the Why Not camp.

Still haven't got our results from Thursday back, I will have to email them with codes and stuff to see if we can even get them, or if there was a clerical error or workload issue. There's a good chance we'll have to get retested as a result.

When I had it last year I was largely asymptomatic, though I did have a cold before testing positive, thinking "not everything is Covid" but in this case, it actually was. And I don't know if I infected anyone I met with before those tests came back.

We got tested periodically after that, although until not so long ago it was not the arduous process it is today. Then again Covid wasn't spiking like this.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
you're on of my faves, because you bring a perspective and sometimes some lexicon with which we're not familiar. I know what a T-bone is, and can only assume what a J-bone is (probably pretty accurately)

And thus the point is, one thing we have learned is that

1. nobody knows who will be infected and who will be infected by the infected

2. except the vast majority (really 95%+) of serious outcomes (hospitalization or worse) will be a well-defined demographic that starts with older people, runs through the seriously obese, catches the asthmatic (and other breathing issues) and includes the immune-compromised.

And with Omicron or ANY prior variant, there's zero reason to believe that 3 people that didn't interact with him by your description above caught it FROM him.

I spent 3 hours with my sister on Christmas Eve in a small maskless group (8 people) always in the same smallish room (I live in an old 8 ft ceiling house) from 16-80 years old. She felt bad on Christmas Day and tested positive (at-home test) on the 27th. Not one of the other 7, including her husband, has had a symptom or positive tests
I assume your assumption is probably dead on. LOL

Oh for sure. None of 20 odd people there can prove, scientifically, that one of the guests, who had COVID, gave it to the 3 other people who ended up with COVID after the party. 100% true. One of them is a standout case given the levels of risk mitigation they have gone through. Like if I am one of the “chicken littles” on this board, this family makes me look like a flat Earther on this stuff. It’s almost beyond believable to think it was a coincidence.

And yes, I know people who have got and it went through their whole house. I know people who have got it and their spouse and children never did.

Hope your sister is doing ok.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I'm in the Why Not camp.

Still haven't got our results from Thursday back, I will have to email them with codes and stuff to see if we can even get them, or if there was a clerical error or workload issue. There's a good chance we'll have to get retested as a result.

When I had it last year I was largely asymptomatic, though I did have a cold before testing positive, thinking "not everything is Covid" but in this case, it actually was. And I don't know if I infected anyone I met with before those tests came back.

We got tested periodically after that, although until not so long ago it was not the arduous process it is today. Then again Covid wasn't spiking like this.
I’m in the Why Not….if I have a reason to suspect the need….Camp.

Feel like ****? Sure get one to confirm
Been exposed to someone have life to live? Sure

Just to get them to know whether I have it or not, probably not

Old 01-03-2022, 07:26 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,880,307 times
More on the testing - the organization behind the testing is called Mako Health, who use Luminate Health as a portal for getting your test results.

Other tests I've done did not require the amount of personal information that this site is requesting before I get my results. I got confirmation emails when registering for the tests, but no email notifications that the tests are in yet. There is the possibility they are still overloaded and it will come right after I post this, but...

Keen to know if anyone has used either Mako or Luminate.

While they are HIPAA compliant according to their website, I did hesitate to put all my personal information into their site, which includes SS# last 4, name, address, phone number, DOB, gender, etc.

https://mako.luminatehealth.com/

https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-test-results/

Old 01-03-2022, 07:28 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,313,054 times
Mako is who is going to be doing the WCPSS pool testing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary