Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 10:35 AM

1,462 posts, read 660,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I'm thankful we didn't have people screaming "fake news!!11!" "It's a hoax!" and "the gov'mnt's putting poison & listening devices in you" when they finally developed vaccines for: small pox, polio, measles, and the antibiotic Penicillin, and then other antibiotics for people allergic to penicillin.

What's weird is people have the opportunity to be or become vastly more educated and knowledgeable, yet if you didn't know better you'd swear some people arrived from the 1700s straight into 2020/21.
LOL. right? Before the conspiracy theories became so readily available for folks on the internet, people would spend hours doing a deep dive into all the various "theories' while the fully sourced and trusted news sources were right at their fingertips. I mean, for that, Americans aren't for once (and to our detriment) apathetic and lazy. I've heard people on other citydata sites state with pride and without a trace of sarcasm/irony that citydatapolitics and other controversies is their ONLY news source. What's that rustling noise you hear? Oh, that's just Isaac turning over in his grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 11:27 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,882,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Freedom of choice....as a theory in a private business construct? The only real freedom of choice you have is the choice to work there.

What's next, freedom of choice to follow HR policies?

"Ted, you can't use that word at work."

"Nah Tammy, that's my freedom of choice. Deal with it"
NC is a right to work state and the door swings both ways, so I'm not quite following the point of your post.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I'm thankful we didn't have people screaming "fake news!!11!" "It's a hoax!" and "the gov'mnt's putting poison & listening devices in you" when they finally developed vaccines for: small pox, polio, measles, and the antibiotic Penicillin, and then other antibiotics for people allergic to penicillin.

What's weird is people have the opportunity to be or become vastly more educated and knowledgeable, yet if you didn't know better you'd swear some people arrived from the 1700s straight into 2020/21.
If you have so much faith and trust in taking these EUA vaccines then I'm happy that you are comfortable with your decision.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:57 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
NC is a right to work state and the door swings both ways, so I'm not quite following the point of your post.
I took the point of your post that I quoted to imply (perhaps incorrectly) your Freedom of Choice superseded an employer's directive.

Yes, NC is RtW, as are like 25 or so other states. If an employer says "employees must be vax'd to come in" sorta limits your personal Freedom of Choice, no?

Old 07-23-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I took the point of your post that I quoted to imply (perhaps incorrectly) your Freedom of Choice superseded an employer's directive.

Yes, NC is RtW, as are like 25 or so other states. If an employer says "employees must be vax'd to come in" sorta limits your personal Freedom of Choice, no?
Not really...it would just force a decision to either vaccinate or leave but in that regard I would still retain my freedom to choose. I refuse to allow any company or any person to control me in regards to my personal health care decisions. Those decisions are mine and mine alone to make.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:54 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Not really...it would just force a decision to either vaccinate or leave but in that regard I would still retain my freedom to choose. I refuse to allow any company or any person to control me in regards to my personal health care decisions. Those decisions are mine and mine alone to make.
No I agree you could still choose to leave. Just that the first choice in the decision tree isn’t yours it’s theirs.

Old 07-23-2021, 01:08 PM

1,204 posts, read 778,886 times
Okay, let's move to another topic. This user is boring the **** out of me. How long are y'all going to entertain his/her silly arguments? I mean if he doesn't want it, who cares? This is like a Family Guy cut out with a stubborn donkey that just goes hee-haw to everything.

What do you think about Medicaid and Medicare making people get vaccinated? Do they have that kinda power? Can they do it? Why should we all pay for Joe Schmoe anti-vaxxer's expenses if he refuses to get the shot and then gets hospitalized due to Covid? What if he then has faulty lungs and needs non-stop care until he croaks? Why should tax payers pay for this person's stupidity?

Old 07-23-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
No I agree you could still choose to leave. Just that the first choice in the decision tree isn’t yours it’s theirs.
True...but good luck trying to back fill my position. Not to say I'm irreplaceable, no one is, but it won't be easy finding someone that can fill my shoes and be good at it.

Old 07-23-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
Okay, let's move to another topic. This user is boring the **** out of me. How long are y'all going to entertain his/her silly arguments? I mean if he doesn't want it, who cares? This is like a Family Guy cut out with a stubborn donkey that just goes hee-haw to everything.

What do you think about Medicaid and Medicare making people get vaccinated? Do they have that kinda power? Can they do it? Why should we all pay for Joe Schmoe anti-vaxxer's expenses if he refuses to get the shot and then gets hospitalized due to Covid? What if he then has faulty lungs and needs non-stop care until he croaks? Why should tax payers pay for this person's stupidity?
Don't know...but it seems to be rattling your chain pretty good for some reason.

Old 07-23-2021, 01:57 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,933,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
If he/she wants to play stupid with their life than who cares. That tune might change though once they they get hooked up to a ventilator…if one is available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary