Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2021, 07:03 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,342,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Can ya'll just ignore Covid Karen already? They keep poking the bear in this thread because they get a rise out of everyone.
Yup, stop feeding the troll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 07:30 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
Can I question the percentages for the item in bold? Myocarditis/pericarditis is impacting young males. Your number .00294% is that out of all people vaccinate or just adolescent males?
All.

I didn’t have detailed cohort level stats

Old 07-24-2021, 07:41 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,276,961 times
I don't feel Starglow has been rude or disrespectful, or has been provoking or trolling anyone. Having a different view than the majority doesn't automatically make someone a troll. It's good to have differing opinions, otherwise you're just sitting in a giant echo chamber. What good is that?

Old 07-24-2021, 07:49 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,342,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I don't feel Starglow has been rude or disrespectful, or has been provoking or trolling anyone. Having a different view than the majority doesn't automatically make someone a troll. It's good to have differing opinions, otherwise you're just sitting in a giant echo chamber. What good is that?
If Starglow was backing up their claims with sources then I would agree but when someone claims there are lasting and serious adverse effects from the vaccine but refuses to provide sources and instead replies with "you wouldn't believe them anyway". That is not a discussion. There is a difference between expressing a point of view and spreading misinformation.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:20 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
If Starglow was backing up their claims with sources then I would agree but when someone claims there are lasting and serious adverse effects from the vaccine but refuses to provide sources and instead replies with "you wouldn't believe them anyway". That is not a discussion. There is a difference between expressing a point of view and spreading misinformation.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:24 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times
Many lower vaxxed states are now seeing the “near vertical” gain in cases the Netherlands and other parts of EU saw with Delta.

More number crunching needed to confirm, but early analysis puts Delta at a R0=6.

6^10 is north of 60M people. No bueno

Old 07-24-2021, 09:25 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
The mRNA vaccines, and I use that term loosely, are not like any other past vaccine in how they work once inside the body. No one knows whether or not long term health risks will exist...its way too soon and only time will reveal those answers. Until then, doctors who make such bold claims about no long term side affect risks are either just speculating or they really have no clue.
what they "know" is that the mRNA is "alive" about 1 week and then just dies/disintegrates. You are pissing or pooping it out.

What they know is they studied mRNA for years before March 2020.

what we all know is the more than 10,000 folks (and that may be an underestimate) that took the mRNA vaccine - that was now almost 12 months ago - and essentially ZERO long term effects.

and per the last post I responded to, it sounds like there has never been a vaccine where adverse events occurred years after injection. So pray tell why THIS would be the one?

And while you're at it, if you're so opposed to all the mRNA - why not just go get the J&J?

Old 07-24-2021, 11:29 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,882,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
what they "know" is that the mRNA is "alive" about 1 week and then just dies/disintegrates. You are pissing or pooping it out.

What they know is they studied mRNA for years before March 2020.

what we all know is the more than 10,000 folks (and that may be an underestimate) that took the mRNA vaccine - that was now almost 12 months ago - and essentially ZERO long term effects.

and per the last post I responded to, it sounds like there has never been a vaccine where adverse events occurred years after injection. So pray tell why THIS would be the one?

And while you're at it, if you're so opposed to all the mRNA - why not just go get the J&J?
https://rumble.com/vk5jd0-dr.-peter-...ing-situa.html

Old 07-25-2021, 05:01 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,605,367 times
I have a friend, a single mother, with a daughter who needs 24/7 care. Daughter is fully dependent for everything, is in her 20s and in diapers. My friend uses home health nurses. This is in NJ. Home health agencies are telling her they can’t ask nurse vaccination status. IMO that’s murder. My friend told the agencies the nurses need to call before they show up because they won’t be let in without the vaccine. I want to scream for her. GET OUT OF HEALTHCARE IF YOU WON’T GET THE VACCINE

Old 07-25-2021, 05:08 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,115,501 times
In case this wasn’t mentioned earlier mRNA is a naturally fragile molecule. The longest it lasts is about a week from the time it’s injected apparently. During that time your body will make the tiny spike protein, just enough that your immune system learns to recognize it as an invader protein. Then when you later breathe in a covid virus and it enters your cells WHAMMO the immune cells immediately destroy the entire virus before the virus can reproduce/build-up and devastate your body.

And the spike protein itself won’t be hurting you either because it’s only value to the virus is that it sticks the virus to particular spots on the outside of certain cells where entry of each virus particle can begin. These spike molecules that the mRNA from the vaccine makes aren’t attached to any viruses so the poor things don’t do anything except alert your immune system.

Last edited by luv4horses; 07-25-2021 at 05:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary