Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2021, 05:59 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
In case this wasn’t mentioned earlier mRNA is a naturally fragile molecule. The longest it lasts is about a week from the time it’s injected apparently. During that time your body will make the tiny spike protein, just enough that your immune system learns to recognize it as an invader protein. Then when you later breathe in a covid virus and it enters your cells WHAMMO the immune cells immediately destroy the entire virus before the virus can reproduce/build-up and devastate your body.

And the spike protein itself won’t be hurting you either because it’s only value to the virus is that it sticks the virus to particular spots on the outside of certain cells where entry of each virus particle can begin. These spike molecules that the mRNA from the vaccine makes aren’t attached to any viruses so the poor things don’t do anything except alert your immune system.
Well we know for sure the bolded isn’t true. If it is, then our tests are far too sensitive (which may be the case).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 06:48 AM

1,204 posts, read 778,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I have a friend, a single mother, with a daughter who needs 24/7 care. Daughter is fully dependent for everything, is in her 20s and in diapers. My friend uses home health nurses. This is in NJ. Home health agencies are telling her they can’t ask nurse vaccination status. IMO that’s murder. My friend told the agencies the nurses need to call before they show up because they won’t be let in without the vaccine. I want to scream for her. GET OUT OF HEALTHCARE IF YOU WON’T GET THE VACCINE
I worked in healthcare - IT part of things, but still had to comply with all the immunization requirements. I’m shocked they aren’t requiring the COVID shot. I think it’s because how politicized it is, I don’t see any other reason. Before you even get hired at the hospital (even if you are contract consultant), you have to get booster shots. Like I remember getting everything, even tetanus and TB shots. And, flu shots? They were required. You could just swing by any clinic or like a designated area close to the cafeteria and get it. Only medical exemption was allowed to those who had allergies to eggs and stuff. Your access badge would get disabled and your pay frozen if you didn’t get the shot before the deadline. And that was for a simple flu shot? SMDH about the COVID shot and how nonchalant the hospitals are behaving about it. Require the goddamn thing.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:57 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Well we know for sure the bolded isn’t true. If it is, then our tests are far too sensitive (which may be the case).
WaPo had an article about this the other day. I'm sure its pay walled, but the general point of the discussion was our PCR cycles are generally still FUBAR'd.

For instance, a vaccinated person could still have viral loads in their nasal cavity. As we know, a vaccine doesn't create a shield in a person meaning they can't "catch" COVID. The vaccine simply builds instructions in the immune system to lessen the virus' ability to both reproduce in the person while also alleviating the chances for severe disease. This catching concept is often refereed to as a "colonizer".

So if for example a person is vaccinated, goes to get a test and after 35 cycles, they find presence of COVID, boom positive even though an asymptomatic, vaccinated person with a 35 cycle PCR confirmed test for all intents and purposes can't be a transmitter.

Don't get me wrong, Delta with an R0 between 5 and 8 seems to be a near nightmare scenario based on the experts I follow for information (for example, an R0 = 8 puts Delta closer to Measles and Mumps R values than the original wild strain)....but it seems we need to really focus in on viral load (and again, Delta seems to up that too, so perhaps this is the window to "change the paradigm" if you will). I've seen public health experts say at a 5, mask mandates are probably coming back. At an 8, we don't really have tools for that.

Between the R0 numbers and the stories out of Oz where people are transmitting it by merely walking past one another "fleeting transmission" as one doc there called it....lack of sufficient vax coverage here....combined with what I think is pandemic fatigue....I hope I'm wrong, but Delta seems ripe to blunt our progress.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:05 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
and I'm sure positioning it that way would convince a large % of the hesitant.

"These are all the vaccines most people have taken in their lives. When there were adverse effects, here was the %, and they occurred within 10 days of receiving the vaccine. No [or maybe only 1%?] adverse issues occurred a year later. After 6 months, here's what we know"*

I said it a week ago - you catch more flies with honey. Calling these people idiots ain't getting them over to the other side.

*And I have personally paid little attention to VAERS(?) - but it does sound like better reporting/fact-gathering would help assuage some people's concerns about transparency.
Quote:
what they "know" is that the mRNA is "alive" about 1 week and then just dies/disintegrates. You are pissing or pooping it out.

What they know is they studied mRNA for years before March 2020.

what we all know is the more than 10,000 folks (and that may be an underestimate) that took the mRNA vaccine - that was now almost 12 months ago - and essentially ZERO long term effects.

and per the last post I responded to, it sounds like there has never been a vaccine where adverse events occurred years after injection. So pray tell why THIS would be the one?

And while you're at it, if you're so opposed to all the mRNA - why not just go get the J&J?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
given how little research I have admittedly done, I'm surprised how accurate my posts were based on your video - which I watched in its entirety.

What the video did was reinforce my comment about VAERS and the CDC - the Dr's assessment that the CDC should indeed be providing the information on a regular basis.

He notes how in past vaccines/medications that after a very small number of deaths, we'd stop using immediately. But isn't the significant difference here the # of people who have been injected? Have we ever injected 190MM people in just 6 months?

I'm not sure about the 12,000 deaths attributed to the vaccine, but taken at face value, that still means it is vastly safer than contracting Covid, yes?

I mean, the vaccine was widely available to the 65+ crowd mid-January. Since Feb 1, we've had 7,500,000 positive tests (or cases) of Covid through June 30. Choosing these dates to allow for the lag in deaths, between Feb 10 and today there have been 132K deaths. That's a death rate remaining about 1.8%.

Meanwhile even 12,000 deaths among ~ 190MM people who've gotten a dose would be only 0.006%.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:06 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
I worked in healthcare - IT part of things, but still had to comply with all the immunization requirements. I’m shocked they aren’t requiring the COVID shot. I think it’s because how politicized it is, I don’t see any other reason. Before you even get hired at the hospital (even if you are contract consultant), you have to get booster shots. Like I remember getting everything, even tetanus and TB shots. And, flu shots? They were required. You could just swing by any clinic or like a designated area close to the cafeteria and get it. Only medical exemption was allowed to those who had allergies to eggs and stuff. Your access badge would get disabled and your pay frozen if you didn’t get the shot before the deadline. And that was for a simple flu shot? SMDH about the COVID shot and how nonchalant the hospitals are behaving about it. Require the goddamn thing.
It is TERRIBLE and it should be getting more media coverage. Of the Houston nurses who got fired or quit when their hospital required the vaccination, at least one (the leader of the group) went to work for a home healthcare agency.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
given how little research I have admittedly done, I'm surprised how accurate my posts were based on your video - which I watched in its entirety.

What the video did was reinforce my comment about VAERS and the CDC - the Dr's assessment that the CDC should indeed be providing the information on a regular basis.

He notes how in past vaccines/medications that after a very small number of deaths, we'd stop using immediately. But isn't the significant difference here the # of people who have been injected? Have we ever injected 190MM people in just 6 months?

I'm not sure about the 12,000 deaths attributed to the vaccine, but taken at face value, that still means it is vastly safer than contracting Covid, yes?

I mean, the vaccine was widely available to the 65+ crowd mid-January. Since Feb 1, we've had 7,500,000 positive tests (or cases) of Covid through June 30. Choosing these dates to allow for the lag in deaths, between Feb 10 and today there have been 132K deaths. That's a death rate remaining about 1.8%.

Meanwhile even 12,000 deaths among ~ 190MM people who've gotten a dose would be only 0.006%.
Watched the video too, and while I will ignore the other vids on the Stew's site, I left with the same closing opinion regarding what the doctor shared.

If I grant that there are 12,000 deaths from the vaccine (I can't find that number anywhere, so in the absence of countering it, I'll let it stand for the basis of this discussion).

I can't speak for everyone, but if I have to choose between something that has a 1.8% chance of killing me, or something that has a .006% chance of killing me......is that even a choice if you are making your choice based on data and science?

Using those two figures, COVID is 300 times more likely to kill you than the vaccine. How is this even a discussion if we are being numbers driven people?

This is why I am convinced, as I was even in a pre vaccine world, all the stats being tossed around as reasons for (or against) taking an action are nothing more than flies in the ointment.

People are, for whatever benign or nefarious reason, going to do or not do something. The numbers provide nothing but a crutch discussion point.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:19 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,140,723 times
Quote:
The mRNA vaccines, and I use that term loosely, are not like any other past vaccine in how they work once inside the body. No one knows whether or not long term health risks will exist...its way too soon and only time will reveal those answers. Until then, doctors who make such bold claims about no long term side affect risks are either just speculating or they really have no clue.
Again, though, if it's just about mRNA, why not take J&J/Janssen?

Old 07-25-2021, 09:56 AM

4,168 posts, read 4,881,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Again, though, if it's just about mRNA, why not take J&J/Janssen?
It's not about the mRNA specifically, but also collateral damage risks associated with the artificial spike proteins.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:03 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,140,723 times
Quote:
It's not about the mRNA specifically, but also collateral damage risks associated with the artificial spike proteins.
And yet post after post from you harped on the mRNA.

If you don't want to do it just say you don't want to do it. Quit trying to come up with new reasons every time the current excuse gets shot down.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
And yet post after post from you harped on the mRNA.

If you don't want to do it just say you don't want to do it. Quit trying to come up with new reasons every time the current excuse gets shot down.
I admit I have engaged in what I consider good faith discussions to try an understand a view that I don't share. I really just want to understand (really I do).

But every time a goal posts shift to another point, it becomes clear this is just a game of whack a mole.

The "Spike Protein is a toxin" trope that stemmed from a vet in Canada (Byrum Bridle who got picked up by the Hal Turner Radio Show) has been dunked on more than most of the claims we have seen in the last 20 months (perhaps not as much as the Demon Semen "doctor")

Be that as it may, I wish you well Starglow. I appreciate you kept our back and forth cordial. However to steal Stonekettle's line, to the air lock you go. There's a reason I don't wade into the cesspool that is the P/CE board here. Vaya con Dios fellow citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary