Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2021, 06:43 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
It was in the article I linked and had to do with the Federal Surplus that does not exist.
I apologize for failing to click the link. There is no other reality other than we sit here on a Saturday, shipments go out every single Monday, and there's not a state that doesn't already have ample doses for the next 7 days.

According to Pfizer, they can ship out at least 7MM extra doses in the next week.

CA could administer 12K doses at Dodger Stadium TODAY (not next week) and it wouldn't put a dent in the 2.5MM doses they have that haven't been used yet.

Wake County could activate a hotline today, not next Tuesday.

Now, the good news is, since Jan 8, first-timers have jumped from 6.7MM to 10.6MM. But we've got to ramp it up even more. Biden plans on averaging 7MM/week for 14 weeks starting a week from now. And we need to be at 8.8MM/week just to get ~1/4 of the US population both doses by the end of May.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 06:46 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
WakeMed Raleigh now has 1/5 of their hospitals beds full of covid-19, which is over 123 inpatient beds. WakeMed - Cary hospital has over 44 inpatient covid-19 beds, which is over 25% of inpatient beds.

I guess we are not doing too hot with this, are we? Yeah, I guess not.

Old 01-17-2021, 07:34 PM

498 posts, read 854,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
WakeMed Raleigh now has 1/5 of their hospitals beds full of covid-19, which is over 123 inpatient beds. WakeMed - Cary hospital has over 44 inpatient covid-19 beds, which is over 25% of inpatient beds.

I guess we are not doing too hot with this, are we? Yeah, I guess not.
Is there any way to tell how many are there because of COVID vs. there for some other reason and just happened to test positive?

Old 01-18-2021, 11:58 AM

75 posts, read 170,148 times
Apologies if it was already posted in a different thread, but I'm wanting to know which where to get a rapid test done where results are available within an a couple of hours.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-18-2021, 01:37 PM

714 posts, read 722,135 times
1/18/2021 report from Durham:

1) Durham Department of Health number from the Web site generates a Verizon message that it is either not working or disconnected.

2) Duke web site shows no appointments open. Ever. I went into May, and nothing.

3) UNC web site says no appointments available. Period.

Three friends age 65 somehow managed to get appointments by going in the minute Gov. Cooper announced the age drop last week and are gloating all over social media. Those who didn't get in are apparently S.O.L. -- perhaps forever, who knows. (Gee, ya think I'm aggravated?)

Old 01-18-2021, 02:29 PM

242 posts, read 150,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
1/18/2021 report from Durham:

1) Durham Department of Health number from the Web site generates a Verizon message that it is either not working or disconnected.

2) Duke web site shows no appointments open. Ever. I went into May, and nothing.

3) UNC web site says no appointments available. Period.

Three friends age 65 somehow managed to get appointments by going in the minute Gov. Cooper announced the age drop last week and are gloating all over social media. Those who didn't get in are apparently S.O.L. -- perhaps forever, who knows. (Gee, ya think I'm aggravated?)

My parents and their friends (Wake County seniors) basically all F5'd the UNC website last week sometime and all got appointments for vaccination in random surrounding counties. My mom was sent to Smithfield (JoCo) today and my dad is being sent to another county on Wednesday.

I know 'administrative' workers in healthcare from Wake who were able to get a vaccine in New Hanover County weeks ago.

The state's distribution strategy (or lack thereof) is a cluster and a free for all. The fact that it is coming down to seniors spamming refresh on their browsers to find appointments in other locations because of a no real strategy by DHHS other than throwing doses to the wind in every county and telling them to figure it out is crazy.

Old 01-18-2021, 04:09 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
What a complete cluster.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Apologies if it was already posted in a different thread, but I'm wanting to know which where to get a rapid test done where results are available within an a couple of hours.

Thanks in advance
you need to google your county and Covid.

for example, "Wake County Covid Test" yielded this: https://covid19.wakegov.com/testing/

Do you want/need it done for work/travel purposes, concerned you have the virus (symptoms), or just want fast results?

Old 01-18-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2land View Post
My parents and their friends (Wake County seniors) basically all F5'd the UNC website last week sometime and all got appointments for vaccination in random surrounding counties. My mom was sent to Smithfield (JoCo) today and my dad is being sent to another county on Wednesday.

I know 'administrative' workers in healthcare from Wake who were able to get a vaccine in New Hanover County weeks ago.

The state's distribution strategy (or lack thereof) is a cluster and a free for all. The fact that it is coming down to seniors spamming refresh on their browsers to find appointments in other locations because of a no real strategy by DHHS other than throwing doses to the wind in every county and telling them to figure it out is crazy.
My 77 yr old mother, internet-aware but nowhere near savvy, "finally" (meaning I simply can't believe the system [government and care providers] didn't contact 65+ or 75+ already) got a communication from her UNC Rex-affiliated concierge PCP and set up a Friday Center appt with no issue ... other than she had to pick a date 20 days out to get "around" noon so she "didn't have to get up too early and didn't have to deal with commuting traffic". Said there were lots of opportunities if she was willing to get there by 9 am.

Old 01-19-2021, 06:17 AM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAlicia View Post
Is there any way to tell how many are there because of COVID vs. there for some other reason and just happened to test positive?
They are all there "for COVID" and at Rex also. If they found COVID incidently (if the patient came for another medical problem but has a positive COVID test), the primary medical issue will be dealt with first and if COVID is not severe, they are sent home for quarantine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary