Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2021, 10:01 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,545,429 times

Advertisements

65 and over got announced this AM!

https://files.nc.gov/covid/documents...5-and-Over.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 10:29 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,460,264 times
Some more info..from a different co-worker in a different city:

Quote:
The interval for the Pfizer vaccine is 21 days. The interval is 28 days for the Moderna vaccine. Everyone in the US is issued the CDC Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card when they receive the first shot. It includes the manufacturer and lot number of the vaccine. It also includes the healthcare professional or clinic site where you received the shot. You need to have the Record card to return for your second dose of same vaccine.

Additionally, each state and county has their own vaccination plan. Many have been updated this week to move up those previously in Tier 2.

I work in a vaccine POD that has given 8500 shots in the last 3 weeks and are expanding from 700 shots day to 2400 shots a day in 2 shifts.

In our state, National Guard soldiers, screen people as they enter the lot to insure that they are in the appropriate tier and priority. They have had plenty of people drive up to jump the line. No walk ins (drive ins) yet.

As far as reactions. About 3-4 percent have temporary minor symptoms (headache, tingling, dizziness, nausea.) These mostly resolve within 30 minutes or less. We just started doing second doses of Pfizer 2 days ago. Symptoms are more pronounced after the second dose. Most also resolve quickly. Not one person has required transport to the hospital or serious medical intervention.

If you are interested in volunteering, every state is in desperate need of people like yourselves to help.
Regards,
Some good info in there, re: side effects. Let's hope states (NC) start taking it more seriously and pumping out the vaccinations quicker.

Old 01-14-2021, 10:39 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,964,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Some more info..from a different co-worker in a different city:

Some good info in there, re: side effects. Let's hope states (NC) start taking it more seriously and pumping out the vaccinations quicker.
I am still scratching my head over where the disconnect is between vaccine availability from the Feds/state and distribution at the local level. The county where my parents live in Ohio have completely used their allotment every week, and as they are getting ready to move to 80+ next week expect demand to far exceed supply. Same story here in Orange County, they are pushing out every dose they get in, and could get more people vaccinated if they had more doses. Is the backlog the doses going to private companies and doctors groups/health care systems? Is it the heavy populated counties that don't have sufficient vaccination capability? Not getting a good sense of what the disconnect is from the reporting i have seen.

Old 01-14-2021, 10:53 AM

18,115 posts, read 15,690,551 times
The NC rate of vaccination is dismal.

They just don't have a cohesive plan in place and why they can't get more vaccine doses, compared to other states, is a mystery.

Old 01-14-2021, 11:53 AM

1,204 posts, read 779,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The NC rate of vaccination is dismal.

They just don't have a cohesive plan in place and why they can't get more vaccine doses, compared to other states, is a mystery.

They do have a plan. In certain counties they were still in Phase 0 until very recently (planning phase/establishing access points), some smaller counties are in Phase 1b and administering to people above 75. Durham supposed to get to Phase 1b by next Tuesday. Not sure about Wake. They really pushed for each county to have their own access point, so that took them a while to establish. It's like Fed > State > County access point. Each week it's getting better.

Old 01-14-2021, 11:59 AM

I still say a less than 2% vaccine rate in a state is dismal.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:01 PM

My elderly mother & aunt got their (Pfizer) vaccines, first shot, at their retirement village in FL a few days ago. They said it was wonderfully organized, no lines at all, ran on time, they had their appointment time and were in and out within 30 min, which included 15 min wait time after the shot.

My mother said she's experienced no symptoms at all, not even a sore arm.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:17 PM

1,204 posts, read 779,308 times
Quote:
My elderly mother & aunt got their (Pfizer) vaccines, first shot, at their retirement village in FL a few days ago. They said it was wonderfully organized, no lines at all, ran on time, they had their appointment time and were in and out within 30 min, which included 15 min wait time after the shot.

My mother said she's experienced no symptoms at all, not even a sore arm.
That's really good to hear. I think the access points that Dr Cohen and Gov Cooper keep mentioning in their press releases are important. I think they want to avoid the wild wild west situation that's happening in some states. I think some sort of appointment system should be used to avoid old folks lining up at clinics, spending 3-4 hours waiting in line and leaving b/c they didn't have enough vaccines.

Having said that, I totally agree that Phase 0 should have been done months ago. It's not like this hit us yesterday. We knew that vaccine was coming. I personally think it's because people were not solely focused on this one task. They were focused on reelection, they didn't know if they'll be around in January, etc. So I suspect that they basically didn't seriously, 100% prepped for it.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I still say a less than 2% vaccine rate in a state is dismal.
Point of reference - West Virginia - yes WEST VIRGINIA - is at almost 6%, or 3x as many folks on a per capita basis.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
That's really good to hear. I think the access points that Dr Cohen and Gov Cooper keep mentioning in their press releases are important. I think they want to avoid the wild wild west situation that's happening in some states. I think some sort of appointment system should be used to avoid old folks lining up at clinics, spending 3-4 hours waiting in line and leaving b/c they didn't have enough vaccines.

Having said that, I totally agree that Phase 0 should have been done months ago. It's not like this hit us yesterday. We knew that vaccine was coming. I personally think it's because people were not solely focused on this one task. They were focused on reelection, they didn't know if they'll be around in January, etc. So I suspect that they basically didn't seriously, 100% prepped for it.
Re-elections happened nationwide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary