Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 07:12 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,605,367 times

Advertisements

dO yOUr oWn rEsEaRcH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 07:58 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
The bottom line is nobody has full immunity from COVID. Nobody.

the bottom line is that nobody has 100% immunity from Covid, but those with antibodies or the vaccine have a helluva lot higher %.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:05 PM

here's a disconnect ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I personally wouldn't want to behave in such a way that is likely to put me in the hospital.
Going unvaccinated is absolutely NOT likely to put you in the hospital.

It is MORE likely, but it's not likely.

Technically, you are LESS likely to contract Covid than to catch it (about 9-1)

You are LESS likely to be hospitalized from Covid than to not (about 90-1)

And you are LESS likely to die from Covid than than (about 49-1)

Old 07-23-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Also, this - what if you have a regret at the very last minute, as they did?

"'I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,' wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. 'One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.'"

‘I’m sorry, but it’s too late’: Alabama doctor on treating unvaccinated, dying COVID patients
that young lady is most likely grandstanding.

Old 07-24-2021, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
here's a disconnect ...

Going unvaccinated is absolutely NOT likely to put you in the hospital.

It is MORE likely, but it's not likely.

Technically, you are LESS likely to contract Covid than to catch it (about 9-1)

You are LESS likely to be hospitalized from Covid than to not (about 90-1)

And you are LESS likely to die from Covid than than (about 49-1)
The Delta variant is a game changer. I said what I said.

Old 07-24-2021, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
that young lady is most likely grandstanding.
That "young lady" is a physician who knows more about this than you do. Sheesh do you show your a*** sometimes.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:
I like discussing but I don't have the energy to keep trying to convince. Except that I probably will still try. I'm sitting here today wondering if the 12 members of my family who are in the evangelical cult in CA and OR will die of COVID and who will go first.

I could not wait to get the vaccine, was 100% all in from the beginning, but I work in research and know the safety steps taken.

Children under 12 cannot make the choice to get vaccinated or not. Remaining unvaccinated can kill them.

Attachment 230842
this is a 17 year old boy...

May 19, after 1 week in hospital:

Quote:
He is back home, for good hopefully, after another brief trip to the hospital this week. He is completing his steroid treatments today and he will get another MRI in a week to see if the inflammation has subsided. There is still no diagnosis which is good and bad. Good because they can't tie it to something serious, bad because we don't know what caused and if it will reoccur. There is nothing else to tie it to as of now, other than the second Pfizer vaccine shot.
One month later:

Quote:
Unfortunately, it isn't a great update. He is undergoing steroid and IVIG treatments at Duke weekly but he continues to have seizures. It had been once per week, now he has had multiple in the last 3 days. He is currently at Wake Med, but will be going to see his doctors at Duke today. In between seizures, he is good and continues to be the great kid that he is, somehow.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:18 AM

1,204 posts, read 778,886 times
So are you going to provide a link or should we take a FB post on its face value?! Also there is no official diagnosis, but they are tying it to the vaccine shot anyway? Do you see how many red flags are here for me to take this seriously? Give me the official link - let me read it.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:32 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times
Quote:
That "young lady" is a physician who knows more about this than you do. Sheesh do you show your a*** sometimes.
Yes. Yes he does. And a girl dad to boot.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Yep, she finished her residency in June '19. She's smarter than I am, and she knows many multiples more about medicine than I do.

I also said "most likely", not that I'm calling her a liar.

She also wouldn't be the first medical pro that grandstanded about Covid given their personal/political opinions (and surely some have grandstanded the opposite way too).

And now, I look up Jefferson County, AL. She works in a smaller hospital there.

Positive tests/cases have risen in 60 days from ~ 60/day to 120/day but aren't higher than March
Hospitalizations are rising but lower than anytime except the month of June
No remarkable difference in deaths. the 7 day average for deaths is < 1, so the chances that this one young doctor at a smaller hospital is having this scenario as frequently as she implies isn't high, and she provides no ages beyond "young and healthy".

I have no doubt she has been there while a patient dies from Covid. I have doubts about her implied frequency and age of deaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary