Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 11:53 AM

598 posts, read 332,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
My DD wears a mask everywhere she goes. Literally everywhere, if she's at a restaurant she doesn't take it off till she gets her food. She's asleep down the hall having gone to bed with a 100.4 temp last night.
I've never understood why people were ever required to wear a mask inside a restaurant. Once you're in the restaurant, maskless while eating and surrounded by a bunch of other maskless people eating and talking, there's your exposure. Putting the mask back on to walk across the restaurant to the bathroom makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 01:49 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,539,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3904 View Post
I've never understood why people were ever required to wear a mask inside a restaurant. Once you're in the restaurant, maskless while eating and surrounded by a bunch of other maskless people eating and talking, there's your exposure. Putting the mask back on to walk across the restaurant to the bathroom makes no sense.
Agree completely, this was the epitome of ludicrousness. Especially with viral load being related to duration of exposure, that 30 second mandatory masked walk to your table contrasted against the potential hours of sitting in at a table maskless completely failed the common sense test.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:16 PM

22,666 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3904 View Post
Agree but there's been no convincing her otherwise. Even now there's no convincing her.

I'm glad by the time the mask thing shakes itself out at school she will be almost done. I'm not beating my head against the wall one way or another about it.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:47 PM

361 posts, read 223,887 times
Quote:
Over a simple vaccine? Lawd. And you think you're the tough guy here.
Hahaha I was a child but sure go ahead and flame away.....

Old 02-18-2022, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
Hahaha I was a child but sure go ahead and flame away.....
But presumably you’re an adult now so understand a vaccine is practically painless and what minuscule discomfort there is lasts a nanosecond? DD who has a friend with a vaccine phobia too and her parents who probably created it (really no reason for even a child to scream bloody murder over a vax - mine never did) continue to reinforce the idea that they are TOO TOUGH to handle.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:39 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,539,498 times
Just received the email from WCPSS - masks to become optional districtwide in the coming days based on NC DHHS announcement. Exact timing not yet determined.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:42 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,266,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdad00 View Post
Just received the email from WCPSS - masks to become optional districtwide in the coming days based on NC DHHS announcement. Exact timing not yet determined.
Exciting news. Apparently a lot has changed since they refused to vote 3 days ago

Old 02-18-2022, 06:53 AM

I like how they said they've been open for most of the last two years due to masking. What? Since March 2020 my kid has been in school less than 6 months.

WCPSS has offered in-person instruction during much of the past two years due largely to the tremendous efforts of staff and families willing to follow the health guidance of state and local officials. While the relaxed health guidelines do not mark the end of the pandemic, it does signal a new phase for this virus.

My son has it now too.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:07 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,266,348 times
Quote:
I like how they said they've been open for most of the last two years due to masking. What? Since March 2020 my kid has been in school less than 6 months.

WCPSS has offered in-person instruction during much of the past two years due largely to the tremendous efforts of staff and families willing to follow the health guidance of state and local officials. While the relaxed health guidelines do not mark the end of the pandemic, it does signal a new phase for this virus.

My son has it now too.
I got a kick out of that too.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:03 AM

361 posts, read 223,887 times
Quote:

My son has it now too.
To nitpick, their statement is factually incorrect. It does signal the end of the pandemic. The new phase of the virus is called the endemic phase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary