Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2021, 09:02 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,599,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I've also recently seen photos of blood smears under a microscope showing what the vaccines are doing to the blood cells. If this holds true then it's not going to be good for many people down the road. I think there needs to be more research studies done about the spike proteins and their affects inside the body. Many doctors have raised concerns about this.
PLEASE provide some sources. I'd like to read them. Spike proteins are not new - in fact, one of the most fascinating things to me about the mRNA vaccine development is that before COVID-19 they were already studying spike proteins, and because of that, they were able to develop the vaccines very quickly.

Here's some basic info on the spike proteins - there's a lot out there, this is just a jumping off point:

Spike Proteins

Hillborough's own Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, who helped develop the Moderna vaccine, was already researching spike proteins before COVID. It's a great story, I really think it's the coolest thing. She calls this "plug and play" because they already had everything in place from her ongoing research when COVID-19 hit, and she was able to jump right into figuring out exactly what was needed for the vaccine.

Kizzmekia Corbett

Some more on the mRNA vaccines:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...9AaDDjQuQLopA0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 09:05 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,962,344 times
Quote:
I've also recently seen photos of blood smears under a microscope showing what the vaccines are doing to the blood cells. If this holds true then it's not going to be good for many people down the road. I think there needs to be more research studies done about the spike proteins and their affects inside the body. Many doctors have raised concerns about this.
Fascinating. You contend that vaccines are having effects on red blood cells visible in a blood smear under a microscope? Would love to hear your description of what you think you are seeing.

Wave your hands about pseudo science all you want. It's pretty clear with the increased infectiousness of the delta variant people in America have two choices: get vaccinated and have something around a 1:million chance of a serious side effect, or get COVID in the next year and have a 2-10% chance of being hospitalized and a 0.5% chance of dying. The odds are not in your favor, and you are not going to be able to rely on the vaccinated population to keep you safe (freeloading on the rest of us isn't going to pan out for you). Sadly, you will likely be the cause of many other people getting sick, including alot of children who are not yet eligible to be vaccinated.

Old 07-19-2021, 09:25 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,057,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
Fascinating. You contend that vaccines are having effects on red blood cells visible in a blood smear under a microscope? Would love to hear your description of what you think you are seeing.

Wave your hands about pseudo science all you want. It's pretty clear with the increased infectiousness of the delta variant people in America have two choices: get vaccinated and have something around a 1:million chance of a serious side effect, or get COVID in the next year and have a 2-10% chance of being hospitalized and a 0.5% chance of dying. The odds are not in your favor, and you are not going to be able to rely on the vaccinated population to keep you safe (freeloading on the rest of us isn't going to pan out for you). Sadly, you will likely be the cause of many other people getting sick, including alot of children who are not yet eligible to be vaccinated.
Given how vaccine "systems" work, I'd argue it won't pan out for any of us; whether you are vaccinated or not currently.

Vaccines work because they starve a pathogen of available pools of reproduction (and with those pools, the ability to mutate).

We aren't ever going to reach herd immunity/loss of endemic spread with COVID like we have with viruses like Smallpox, Polio, and until recently, MMR.

Isaac Asimov has a line I come back to repeatedly during this last year:

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.â€

Ill leave this guy to expand on it (PSA - Language warning for those who are offended by such things). Everyone can have an opinion....but they ain't freaking equally valid.

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/s...732619776?s=20

Old 07-19-2021, 10:51 AM

598 posts, read 333,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.â€
When you see the vaccine misinformation being spouted by people like the one in this thread, do you ever wonder if they should be considered a primary source of vaccine misinformation, or if they were just duped by the misinformation they saw somewhere else and are seriously trying to get us to see the light? I wonder where the differentiation is.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:59 AM

4,551 posts, read 3,750,269 times
Quote:
Wow....talk about flip flopping. You can still be a carrier even if vaccinated. Thanks a lot for putting other people at risk.
Hey Mr or Ms anti-vaxxer - I know. But YOU have a much higher chance of putting everyone at risk. The rest of us got our vaccines and our immune system helped out by recognizing the virus.

And you've seen blood smears from vaccinated people? Hahaha, oh please do share the details. "Many doctors have raised concerns about this?" Let's hear it.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:05 AM

1,204 posts, read 777,850 times
Quote:
Was it on your cousin's FB page along with other QAnon trash?

Old 07-19-2021, 11:30 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,057,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3904 View Post
When you see the vaccine misinformation being spouted by people like the one in this thread, do you ever wonder if they should be considered a primary source of vaccine misinformation, or if they were just duped by the misinformation they saw somewhere else and are seriously trying to get us to see the light? I wonder where the differentiation is.
I can't really answer this question fully as my opinion of what we are seeing today is really a smaller portion of a runway that extends back 40-50 years and is really multifaceted (I actually wrote an essay that gets into it partially if you would like me to send it to you over DM) but, if I could answer just the question you ask here. I would classify what we see here as definitely the latter (they are repeaters, not creators) not the former. To me vax misinformation is nothing more that a combo of #2 and #3 below.

We, as a population in general, suffer from four overwhelming, yet intertwined, conditions that the advent of the internet and later, Social Media, have really exacerbated for the worse.

1. A outright lack of curiosity of anything beyond our own bubble and outright fear of "the other" (as a Third Culture Kid this one confuses me more than anything). If it doesn't occur, exist, or isn't represented in our work/home time and space location, it really didn't occur, exist or represent at all.

2. Our love of confirmation bias. A huge swath of this country (and it cuts across political stripes) prefer their preconceived conclusion to be buttressed by "facts", even if those "facts" aren't facts at all. The number of people who live in echo chambers is flat out astounding (and ties into #1)

3. The view of many who believe we don't have a shared citizenry. This one goes back at least as far as Barry Goldwater, but in reality has really been there the whole time. The idea that my existence is mine alone and in no way connects to, or is shared by someone else who has different experiences than I do perpetually reinforces #2. Anyone who thinks, prays, loves, believes differently simply is not part of the same system you are and must be ignored at the least, vilified and destroyed at the worst.

4. A complete and utter lack of understanding A, what social media does inside the brain of someone who uses it (i.e. it releases the same neurotransmitters and chemicals that gambling and substance abuse does) and B, what algorithms/AI can do to "close the loop".

I have shared here before that I work in the interface of data and marketing. I have worked on technology that takes the data a company has on you (i.e. order history, web visits, email opens and clicks) and then uses geolocation and that data to create a completely orchestrated event (i.e. an interaction with your favorite store) to achieve the goal of selling you "the next best offer". Compared to what a place like Facebook can do, it is Mickey Mouse.

Facebook has your birthday, your likes, your posts, your photos, who your friends are, who their friends are, what groups you subscribe to and through all that data (plus AI Modelling) can in many ways, bring to life the idea exposed in the movie Inception.

It can crunch all it knows about you and then, through ads and suggestions, literally plant a seed to move a user more towards this or that.

Add to Social Media the three other underlying conditions above and you get what we get. A bunch of people who lack curiosity, who want their views reinforced with echo chamber "facts" to support them and who have reached the point that only those who share the views are the true citizens and everyone else isn't....and here we are.

I have made the joke with many friends before. The greatest (arguably) invention in the history of species; the internet, should have moved the needle so far in terms of a paradigm shift on what the human condition is and can be........Instead we got a stolen Hot or Not website that gave a microphone to people who rightfully in the past would have just been the crazy person in their parents basement and trolls.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:31 AM

4,164 posts, read 4,876,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Hey Mr or Ms anti-vaxxer - I know. But YOU have a much higher chance of putting everyone at risk. The rest of us got our vaccines and our immune system helped out by recognizing the virus.

And you've seen blood smears from vaccinated people? Hahaha, oh please do share the details. "Many doctors have raised concerns about this?" Let's hear it.
You wouldn't believe any of it anyway so what would be the point of wasting my time with you??

Old 07-19-2021, 11:38 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,599,760 times
Quote:
You wouldn't believe any of it anyway so what would be the point of wasting my time with you??
If you're going to put it out there, you should put out the source.

Old 07-19-2021, 01:35 PM

598 posts, read 333,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Add to Social Media the three other underlying conditions above and you get what we get. A bunch of people who lack curiosity, who want their views reinforced with echo chamber "facts" to support them and who have reached the point that only those who share the views are the true citizens and everyone else isn't....and here we are.

I have made the joke with many friends before. The greatest (arguably) invention in the history of species; the internet, should have moved the needle so far in terms of a paradigm shift on what the human condition is and can be........Instead we got a stolen Hot or Not website that gave a microphone to people who rightfully in the past would have just been the crazy person in their parents basement and trolls.
Maybe part of the problem is that these people who believe the anti-vax disinformation have no idea how easy it is for any random person to completely fabricate very convincing stories on the internet without ever getting called out or punished for it? Or they think that if it's on Facebook or a website that they found on Google, and maybe other people like it and share it and they seem to share a lot of their other opinions and biases, it must be true?

And on top of that, they've been so turned against "the mainstream media" that they automatically doubt any information that comes from it.

And then the dupes come to forums like this and try to get the rest of us to see the light, but they know we don't take them seriously. At the same time, they often don't seem have enough faith in their information sources to share them with us.

Last edited by robin3904; 07-19-2021 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary