Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2021, 08:16 AM

1,462 posts, read 661,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
You wouldn't believe any of it anyway so what would be the point of wasting my time with you??
I dunno. You kinda come across as not truly convinced by your own research. And you do keep coming back.

My question to you is if you don't believe in getting vaccines, do you believe in wearing masks on the off chance that they may help curb the spread of the virus to the immuno compromised ( cancer patients, transplant patients, medical professional who have to treat the covid anti vaxer etc) and children?
Can you get on board with that on?

ETA: Hannity has done an about face. He is urging Fox viewers to get the vaccine and he states that he believes in science. Breaking news in America folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 08:23 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,060,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
Yup. And then they cite some charlatan physician and then they dig in even more.
"Give me a C, an O, an N, an F, an I, an R, an M, an A, a T, an I, an O, an N, a Space, a B, an I, an A, an S"

"What's that spell?!?!?!"

Feels so good it'll give some folks a pants tent.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
I dunno. You kinda come across as not truly convinced by your own research. And you do keep coming back.

My question to you is if you don't believe in getting vaccines, do you believe in wearing masks on the off chance that they may help curb the spread of the virus to the immuno compromised ( cancer patients, transplant patients, medical professional who have to treat the covid anti vaxer etc) and children?

ETA: Hannity has done an about face. He is urging Fox viewers to get the vaccine and he states that he believes in science. Breaking news in America folks!

I'm guessing either he's got a lawsuit coming (which I am sure FN will fight by saying, like they did when Tuck Everlasting got sued, "Well, no one in their right mind should take him seriously", or he bought a bunch of Pfizer/Moderna/J&J stock.

No one has ever seen Sean Hannity and good faith/will in the same place at the same time.

ETA - To further the point, it came out yesterday that FN has literal vaccine passports for their staff....meanwhile Fräulein Ingraham and others rail against them for weeks and months. "There's a sucker born everyday" wasn't just for the circus.

Last edited by GVoR; 07-20-2021 at 08:41 AM..

Old 07-20-2021, 09:06 AM

1,462 posts, read 661,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I'm guessing either he's got a lawsuit coming (which I am sure FN will fight by saying, like they did when Tuck Everlasting got sued, "Well, no one in their right mind should take him seriously", or he bought a bunch of Pfizer/Moderna/J&J stock.

No one has ever seen Sean Hannity and good faith/will in the same place at the same time.

ETA - To further the point, it came out yesterday that FN has literal vaccine passports for their staff....meanwhile Fräulein Ingraham and others rail against them for weeks and months. "There's a sucker born everyday" wasn't just for the circus.
Ha, ha. I love it! A lawsuit makes perfect sense. But then there's stock and all that $$$$. Toss up.

When I got to the bottom of your post I thought you wrote "FRAUDlein Ingraham." I know, right?

Last edited by Shallow Hal; 07-20-2021 at 09:30 AM..

Old 07-20-2021, 10:12 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Not sure what the point of what you posted above was? I get it, you are politically right leaning and hate how COVID-19 has been handled.

But there are still people dying and getting sick long-term from COVID-19 and we are not out of the woods yet.

This is someone who no longer wears that damn mask at grocery stores or other places, unless they tell me to do so.
Oh, sorry for any confusion - it's simple.

Is the N&O doing more good in the Covid fight by setting out to claim that R's/R counties are "bad", even if in the end they have 1 throwaway line saying it's only a 4% difference or ...

reporting stories about what the hospitalizations are like right now?

To me, the former can only be divisive. The second may actually do some good in getting those unvaccinated to get the shot.

Last edited by BoBromhal; 07-20-2021 at 10:37 AM..

Old 07-20-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post

since I don't watch Fox much (I'd say not at all, but admittedly I saw some yesterday afternoon for the first time in months when the talking head and a Doc were promoting vaccines) ... When/how was Hannity anti-vaxx? Meaning, I've seen this repeated often, but it seems to be from people that wouldn't be Fox watchers. And a quick look at his FB and website for 30+ days doesn't seem to show "anti-vax" behavior.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Oh, sorry for any confusion - it's simple.

Is the N&O doing more good in the Covid fight by setting out to claim that R's/R counties are "bad", even if in the end they have 1 throwaway line saying it's only a 4% difference or ...

reporting stories about what the hospitalizations are like right now?

To me, the former can only be divisive. The second may actually do some good in getting those unvaccinated to get the shot.
If I may be so, blunt, you make a point about being divisive...are we talkin' bout the same people here?

I've heard nothing but "F**K your feelings" for going on 6 years....and now we're worried about....divisiveness? Which is it? Can your feelings get f**ked...or we want to tread lightly because divisiveness? It can by no means be both.

As for the broader point, the correlation between county level voting and vaccine rates can't be more startling. To argue this isn't political in nature seems to be ignoring all reality. A correlation coefficient of .427 means there is a "Moderate Association" between who you voted for and whether you got the jab.

Now we can certainly argue the particulars, and I have zero doubts that we can find Trump voters who are vaxxed and Biden voters who aren't, but as Ron Burgundy said....It's Science

Old 07-20-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:

I did catch a whiff of this. What Fox has is a voluntary system whereby employees can go on a website and enter their vax information, and thus be able to bypass the daily screenings. But that's close enough for CNN/MSNBC etal to scream about it.

Don't we expect all businesses to have some sort of Covid/vaccination policy for their employees?

Old 07-20-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I did catch a whiff of this. What Fox has is a voluntary system whereby employees can go on a website and enter their vax information, and thus be able to bypass the daily screenings. But that's close enough for CNN/MSNBC etal to scream about it.

Don't we expect all businesses to have some sort of Covid/vaccination policy for their employees?
Absolutely we do.

What I don’t expect is a company to rail daily and nightly against any semblance of one in the name of William Wallace and then slyly implement one.

Have some courage of your damn convictions (or at least the convictions of the people presenting to the world in your name)

Own it. Whole hog. Otherwise you’re just another chickenchit

ETA - The convo between Steve Douchey and Kilmeade (perfect name by the way) during Fox and Friends yesterday perfectly encapsulates it. Steve was arguing for vaxx and Brian was basically saying "IT'S THEIR CHOICE!!!!!" (if they want to die).

Old 07-20-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
If I may be so, blunt, you make a point about being divisive...are we talkin' bout the same people here?

I've heard nothing but "F**K your feelings" for going on 6 years....and now we're worried about....divisiveness? Which is it? Can your feelings get f**ked...or we want to tread lightly because divisiveness? It can by no means be both.

As for the broader point, the correlation between county level voting and vaccine rates can't be more startling. To argue this isn't political in nature seems to be ignoring all reality. A correlation coefficient of .427 means there is a "Moderate Association" between who you voted for and whether you got the jab.

Now we can certainly argue the particulars, and I have zero doubts that we can find Trump voters who are vaxxed and Biden voters who aren't, but as Ron Burgundy said....It's Science
Pointing out the differences in vaccination rates IS political, and does Nada to solve the problem. Like I said, I haven't personally seen a lot of "anti-vax" from Fox....but I also haven't seen Fox. If they were, but now have made an "about-face", then good on them, and maybe if their viewership has been influenced down the anti-vax trail, they'll change course now.

Regardless, the old saying "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" still holds true, and seems appropriate for the vaccination discussion.

As to "_____ your feelings", I must admit that's gone over my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary