Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2022, 09:15 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,797,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslake View Post
Do many currently wear a mask in the Triange? More in one area than another? How do people react when seeing one wear a mask? Considering a move to the area and my family needs to wear masks, and it would help to understand the perceptions of masking. Thanks
You would not be out of place in Chapel Hill, that's for sure. A lot of people still wear masks here (I'd guess 25-50% in stores). In my kids' high school, my daughter said maybe 10% wear masks. We went to a musical concert there the other week, and 2 kids out of probably 20-something had masks on, so I'd agree. In the audience of parents, I'd say it was 50% or higher wearing masks. I was in the Durham Costco last week and I'd guess that 25%-35% had masks on. No one has ever said anything to me about wearing a mask - in the Triangle or anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 09:52 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslake View Post
Do many currently wear a mask in the Triange? More in one area than another? How do people react when seeing one wear a mask? Considering a move to the area and my family needs to wear masks, and it would help to understand the perceptions of masking. Thanks
Most don't wear masks, but some do. I don't see anyone who minds one way or the other.

Old 11-20-2022, 02:17 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,942,014 times
I've definitely seen increased mask usage over the last week or so. My husband still wears his wherever he goes. I take one with me but rarely wear it now however with the seasonal increase in viruses I might start wearing it especially in crowded areas.

Old 11-20-2022, 03:52 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,344,694 times
I agree with Michgc. Lotta mask wearing in Chapel Hill. You would be fine either way. No one is going to make you, but no one is going to look at you twice if you do. Actually, I was in the new Golden Fig bookstore in Carrboro yesterday and they do ask that you wear a mask and provide them because they say someone on their staff is at higher risk. I am trying to wear masks in the grocery store and places like that again now. NC has a very high rate of flu right now and I don't want that or COVID.

Old 12-21-2022, 03:38 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,623,842 times
Covid found me finally.. Merry Christmas to me! So far just a nasty sore throat, headache and some coughing, hope that's the extent of it!

Old 12-22-2022, 09:58 AM

104 posts, read 65,148 times
Glad it's raining, forties, and thunder versus raining, twenties, and freezing.

Old 01-14-2023, 11:08 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,278,777 times
Got a kick out of this:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-lea...alf-years-late

Old 01-15-2023, 01:36 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
The only way we will ever sort it out is to compare number of deaths year over year. If 1 million people normally die in a year and in 2020 4 million people died, we can all probably agree there was an external factor at work. If 1 million people normally die and 1.1 died in 2020, not so much. Otherwise it becomes a chicken and the egg problem. Someone has stage 4 cancer catches covid and died. What killed them? Would a cold have killed them? Chicken pox? No way to figure that out.

Old 01-15-2023, 01:53 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,278,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The only way we will ever sort it out is to compare number of deaths year over year. If 1 million people normally die in a year and in 2020 4 million people died, we can all probably agree there was an external factor at work. If 1 million people normally die and 1.1 died in 2020, not so much. Otherwise it becomes a chicken and the egg problem. Someone has stage 4 cancer catches covid and died. What killed them? Would a cold have killed them? Chicken pox? No way to figure that out.
Definitely agree, but the thing I find frustrating is the people that questioned “from Covid” versus “with Covid” deaths back in 20/21, were labeled conspiracy theorists. These were very reasonable questions and nobody should ever have been labeled like that for simply wanting more information on the data being fed to us by the government.

Old 01-15-2023, 04:15 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,119,343 times
Lots of people died “because of covid” without ever contracting it. How? Because there were no hospital beds left available to treat other life threatening conditions like strokes, metastatic cancer, viral pneumonia, etc.

Those issues weren’t counted as Covid19 yet the pandemic contributed to those deaths as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary