Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 10:40 AM

22,681 posts, read 36,850,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
It is more common to test everyone in the smaller, private universities. My daughter goes to school in Florida. They didn't even have them test before coming to campus this year.
Well, it is FLORI-DUH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 10:45 AM

9,781 posts, read 15,808,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Well, it is FLORI-DUH!
I know. She wanted warm weather. What can I say?

Old 09-01-2021, 12:49 PM

2,219 posts, read 2,945,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
The legal judicial system should not be weaponizing the vaccines against people like that to force compliance. It's just wrong on many levels and is not the American way.
It's an option and not forced. It's another form of "community service" that a judge might put on the table. And considering what the world is going through right now, I think this is a perfect way to help your community

Old 09-01-2021, 05:29 PM

Wow the principal of Salem Elementary is pissed:

https://www.wcpss.net/site/default.a...0&PageID=29986

Old 09-01-2021, 05:43 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,287,691 times
Quote:

Good for him. WRAL is really unbelievable.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:44 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,062,907 times
Quote:

I grew up in a country with Media that was a mouth piece for the Military Junta Dictatorship that ran the joint. No hard questions, no facts, just what dear old Suharto and his cronies wanted disseminated among the people of the country. I point this out as a means to underscore just how vital a free media is to a democracy.

Having said that…. the media by and large in this country is a complete and utter dumpster fire. We can’t exist in the manner I think many of us want to( policy nuances aside) if we don’t have it.

Getting news wrong does more harm than any retraction can overcome. Our media has become Ricky Bobby on steroids. If you’re not first, you’re last….consequences of being wrong be damned.

Times like the last year required thoughtful reporting; even realizing it was a dynamic situation where facts and situations could change quickly (which doesn’t make the original report wrong).

But gawd damn…

Old 09-01-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Good for him. WRAL is really unbelievable.

I know this principal. He's got a temper, and like GVoR, has lived in other countries. They picked the wrong guy to mess with. The fear mongering is out of control.

Old 09-02-2021, 03:12 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,547,427 times
Pet Peeve:
Educators,etc. being interviewed on local TV live "hits" wearing some silly knitted mask does not move as person speaks...meaning their breath is passing through it, totally unrestricted.

source: https://www.science.org/doi/full/10.1126/sciadv.abd3083

Old 09-03-2021, 08:56 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,062,907 times
Heard this AM at the bus stop an interesting story from a neighbor (that we are trying to confirm now).

Neighbor's kid and my kid are in the same class. Neighbor's kid told them there are only 5-6 kids in their class right now (out of 18) with the rest out because of COVID/exposure. Waiting for confirmation from the teach, but if this is true, ummmm why haven't we been notified? If this is accurate, 66% of the class is out right now and no one felt the need to alert anyone else?

Another neighbor with a kid our kids play with was sent home this AM because the kid who sits next to them has COVID....but they didn't pull our friends younger kid out as well.

Some of these procedures really beg the question.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:59 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,287,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Heard this AM at the bus stop an interesting story from a neighbor (that we are trying to confirm now).

Neighbor's kid and my kid are in the same class. Neighbor's kid told them there are only 5-6 kids in their class right now (out of 18) with the rest out because of COVID/exposure. Waiting for confirmation from the teach, but if this is true, ummmm why haven't we been notified? If this is accurate, 66% of the class is out right now and no one felt the need to alert anyone else?

Another neighbor with a kid our kids play with was sent home this AM because the kid who sits next to them has COVID....but they didn't pull our friends younger kid out as well.

Some of these procedures really beg the question.
Pretty sure those are standard procedures. Only direct contacts (indoors 15+ minutes within 6 feet I think) are notified. That's the point of the pods in elementary.

As for your second story, the younger kid will get pulled if his brother/sister tests positive.

This all seems reasonable to me - otherwise the entire school would be quarantined at all times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary