Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2020, 04:08 AM

773 posts, read 646,355 times

Advertisements

For those claiming that the reason for the dramatic increase in number of cases in NC (the number of daily cases has more than doubled over the past month) is due to more testing, just know thats not true, as the number of tests administered has essentially remained constant. NC's positive test rate has now increased to 8.5%, from 5.9% a month ago.

Claims that any increase in cases in the coming weeks will be solely due to increased testing around the holiday is absolutely false. Cases are already skyrocketing and its not due to more testing.

Last edited by Royal James; 11-22-2020 at 05:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
CDC says schools should stay open.
Quote:
Wearing a mask is a feel good measure in this sort of situation.
Quote:
I have noticed lots of cars at restaurants and churches now. I'm all for acting normal but wtf don't be stupid, people.
So we should follow the CDC guidelines in regard to opening schools, but not follow them in regard to wearing masks?

You're ok with attending school, but not a church or a restaurant?

At least you're consistent with your inconsistency.

Last edited by Royal James; 11-22-2020 at 05:21 AM..

Old 11-22-2020, 05:20 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
For those claiming that the reason for the dramatic increase in number of cases in NC (the number of daily cases has more than doubled over the past month) is due to more testing, just know thats not true, as the number of tests administered has essentially remained constant. NC's positive test rate has now increased to 8.5%, from 5.9% a month ago.

Claims that any increase in cases in the coming weeks will be solely due to increased testing around the holiday is absolutely false.
I thought you weren't going to reply to any of my posts? You made it a whole two days - not bad! You just can't help yourself, I'll take that as a compliment.

Testing in Wake County is up 71% over the past week. The majority of that is due to the holiday.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/cha...ffic/19395833/

Quote:
County officials tell WRAL News demand skyrocketed 71% this week as people seek to follow expert recommendations to get tested before celebrating with people outside immediate family.
Additional article: https://www.wral.com/nc-rushing-to-g...-cdc/19396337/

70-90% of the positives that come out of that 71% increase, are asymptomatic and non-contagious people that would not have been tested if it wasn't for the holiday.

Last edited by m378; 11-22-2020 at 06:25 AM..

Old 11-22-2020, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I thought you weren't going to reply to any my posts? You made it a whole two days - not bad! You just can't help yourself, I'll take that as a compliment.

Testing in Wake County is up 71% over the past week. The majority of that is due to the holiday.
Don't flatter yourself...as you can see, my post wasn't a reply to you. But I see you DID respond to mine, lol.

Testing in NC is relatively flat, but cases are up dramatically. I never said anything about Wake, so its completely irrelevant to my post.

Old 11-22-2020, 05:28 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Don't flatter yourself...as you can see, my post wasn't a reply to you. But I see you DID respond to mine, lol.

Testing in NC is relatively flat, but cases are up dramatically. I never said anything about Wake, so its completely irrelevant to my post.
Ok bud! Have a good one!

Old 11-22-2020, 05:29 AM

Quote:
ok bud! Have a good one!
u2!

Old 11-22-2020, 06:32 AM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
Quote:
So we should follow the CDC guidelines in regard to opening schools, but not follow them in regard to wearing masks?

You're ok with attending school, but not a church or a restaurant?

At least you're consistent with your inconsistency.
I'm not sure what post on wheelsup you are mad at, but schools should remain open. Studies show minimal spread with schools open. The entire planet has schools open full-time except for America.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:30 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,424 times
Quote:

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/cha...ffic/19395833/

Additional article: https://www.wral.com/nc-rushing-to-g...-cdc/19396337/

70-90% of the positives that come out of that 71% increase, are asymptomatic and non-contagious people that would not have been tested if it wasn't for the holiday.
Even if the amount of people being tested is up, the percentage of those positive should not be any higher than in previous weeks. The percent positive is rising. Feel free to blame it on asymptomatic, non-contagious people all you want. Personally, I do not see why everyone would rush to get a test days before the holiday, just because you are negative on Saturday does not mean you will be negative on Thursday. Why not just follow the guidelines and not get together with others. It really isn't that hard.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
I'm not sure what post on wheelsup you are mad at, but schools should remain open. Studies show minimal spread with schools open. The entire planet has schools open full-time except for America.
Mad? No. Just highlighting the inconsistency and hypocrisy of his positions.

Last edited by Royal James; 11-22-2020 at 01:00 PM..

Old 11-22-2020, 07:18 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,542,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Even if the amount of people being tested is up, the percentage of those positive should not be any higher than in previous weeks. The percent positive is rising. Feel free to blame it on asymptomatic, non-contagious people all you want. Personally, I do not see why everyone would rush to get a test days before the holiday, just because you are negative on Saturday does not mean you will be negative on Thursday. Why not just follow the guidelines and not get together with others. It really isn't that hard.
People are looking for a way to celebrate with others on Thursday and think they need a negative test to do so.
Agree that getting a test before traveling for Thanksgiving is useless if you aren't going to quarantine after the test, otherwise if you test on Saturday, get results back on Tuesday, bit didn't quarantine, you could announce to grandma that you tested negative, but caught it after you took it because you didn't quarantine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary