Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2021, 05:25 PM

852 posts, read 586,406 times

Advertisements

Probably Petr. I think Ned is tired now after three straight starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 05:44 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And...
Game 4 should be high energy.
I hope Slavin is ready to play.

And, Ned or Petr or James in net?
I think Petr because of the early start.

Old 05-22-2021, 07:26 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I think Petr because of the early start.
I think so, too.
Ned played 95 minutes and faced 52 shots.
He earned a breather.

Old 05-22-2021, 07:27 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
I'm not one to complain about the officiating but I swear it's been awfully biased against the guys for most of the year. I've seen out guys get straight mean-mugged w/ nothing and two minutes later a Canes player goes off for a ticky-tacky holding or hooking penalty. It's ridiculous.

Need to win tomorrow.

Old 05-22-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I'm not one to complain about the officiating but I swear it's been awfully biased against the guys for most of the year. I've seen out guys get straight mean-mugged w/ nothing and two minutes later a Canes player goes off for a ticky-tacky holding or hooking penalty. It's ridiculous.

Need to win tomorrow.
Rod's going to get himself another fine.
Doubled down on it today.

https://wr.al/1KcRa

Old 05-22-2021, 07:31 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Quote:
Rod's going to get himself another fine.
Doubled down on it today.

https://wr.al/1KcRa
Well he's not wrong and if he doesn't say it no one will. Might be a good way to get his boys fired up too so can't complain there.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Well he's not wrong and if he doesn't say it no one will. Might be a good way to get his boys fired up too so can't complain there.
Jon Cooper and Craig Berube also had their say on reffing.

Cooper:
""We had to weather our emotions. There's no doubt. When our players are being told [by the officials] 'don't do anything stupid. We're gonna get you,' and the other team is getting rewarded for it? I just don't get it. It's just frustrating. People are coming to watch a really intense, good hockey game, and liberties are being taken," Cooper said.

"Don't get me wrong. We're not angels out there. I'm not sitting there and saying that. Far from it. But when there's a standard set and we're being told things are going to called, and when it doesn't get [called], there's just confusion."
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...took-liberties

Berube:
"Parayko gets tripped in the corner. (The Avalanche) go down (and) score a goal. ... He gets slew-footed, and they don't call it, and it cost us a goal," Berube said. "It's terrible. It's so one-sided, it's not even funny."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...ing/ar-AAKhkdh

Old 05-23-2021, 04:48 PM

I just don't see Dougie in Raleigh next year.
And, certainly not at Gardiner pay scale, let alone at the $8 million or $9 million he was rumored to be asking.
Too many lapses and breakdowns.

Nashville believes they can take the series. And, it seems quite possible at this point. I was hoping for a win today and an elimination game on Tuesday. Now we really really will need a win.

Old 05-23-2021, 05:20 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,024 times
Quote:
I just don't see Dougie in Raleigh next year.
And, certainly not at Gardiner pay scale, let alone at the $8 million or $9 million he was rumored to be asking.
Too many lapses and breakdowns.

Nashville believes they can take the series. And, it seems quite possible at this point. I was hoping for a win today and an elimination game on Tuesday. Now we really really will need a win.
He was extra bad today...
Let's hope we get back on track on Tuesday!

Old 05-23-2021, 07:16 PM

364 posts, read 120,909 times
Almost no chance Dougie gets signed unless he takes a big discount to stay.
Goals in the regular season are great, but the importance of having solid defenders becomes apparent in the playoffs. Just look at how much we are missing Slavin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary