Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 08:19 AM

333 posts, read 287,240 times

Advertisements

There are varying predictions for the weather Friday morning. As I'm scheduled to get my second dose of covid vaccine, I'm very interested in whether it will snow or not.

Accuweather is saying 3-6 inches.
WRAL says a possibility of some freezing rain.
Wunderground says it'll be cold, with rain.

While I have confidence that the vaccinators will figure out how to get us in if it turns out that the weather's impossible, it sure would be nice to have this done on Friday as scheduled.

Which weather sites do you have the most confidence in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 08:20 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,270,100 times
This guy:

https://twitter.com/RaleighWx/status...21887451807744

Old 02-09-2021, 08:26 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,587,740 times
first of all, it depends where you are and where you are going for your vaccination because Durham/Roxboro always has a higher chance of snow than Raleigh/Clayton.

I'm in Raleigh and DarkSky says 0.5 inch of rain on Friday right now

Old 02-09-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
first of all, it depends where you are and where you are going for your vaccination because Durham/Roxboro always has a higher chance of snow than Raleigh/Clayton.
Good point. The vaccination is at the Friday Center in Chapel Hill. It was very well organized for the first dose and they must have contingency plans...

Old 02-09-2021, 08:35 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Yup.

He's leaning toward ice but this morning said he needs to see more models before he starts forecasting.

How far are you from the vaccine site? Or are you worried they will close?

Old 02-09-2021, 08:47 AM

I'm only twenty minutes away. If they're open, I will be there! It's mostly a straight shot on main roads to get there. They have been very proactive about sending reminders and requests for confirmation, so I have confidence that they'll figure out an alternative if they have to.

But as we've been isolating pretty assiduously since this started, I am eager to get into a new phase. See our granddaughter! Haircut! Pedicure! All with caution of course.

Old 02-09-2021, 10:16 AM

853 posts, read 587,900 times
I've found that Wunderground seems to be the most accurate forecast.

Old 02-09-2021, 04:06 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,257,127 times
A bit off target. How did you get the appointment? My Mom has been trying since day 1 and can't get an appointment. She tells me the system shows no available appointments every day when she checks the site.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
A bit off target. How did you get the appointment? My Mom has been trying since day 1 and can't get an appointment. She tells me the system shows no available appointments every day when she checks the site.

I got the first appointment about five weeks ago, by trying on the computer on various sites until I got one. I was able to put in several focused hours; it's really hard for people who don't have the time, computers, and energy to do this. Keep trying, at all the county sites, hospital sites, etc. I hear that Walgreens will soon be providing the vaccines, and also that UNC Health has had open appointments this week at the Friday Center. Your Mom could check her NextDoor, as people at least in my area, keep posting tips for where appointments are available. Good luck!

Old 02-09-2021, 05:50 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
Last night, I heard on the news that Walgreens was going to be getting the covid vaccine. Before I went to bed, I checked the site and added hubby's information to get him registered on Walgreens.com.

This morning, before 9 AM, he went on the site, with his username and password and found his appointments! One this week and the 2nd in March.

I let people on my NextDoor know about it. About 5 of my neighbors were able to get appointments between 10 AM and 1 PM.

I also let a few of my clients know (they were trying to find appointments for their parents). A few of them were able to get appointments later in the day but they weren't in North Raleigh (like hubby and neighbors were able to get).

One of my clients got appointments in Louisburg and another in Tarboro. You have to use zip codes to find where the available appointments are.

I "hear" they will add more appointments in the morning!

Best of luck to you that are trying to get your appointments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary