Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:15 AM

906 posts, read 2,383,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Question: Just what does one wear when the tornados come???
Blue and white gingham is always fashionable for tornados. Also make sure you have your hair in braids so it doesn't fly all over. You'll be camera ready when the news crews come to interview you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 07:16 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,346,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Thank YOU, Nascarfan for taking the joke in the manner to which it was intended. And thank you all for at least "getting" some of my jokes! I have been working way more than I wanted to and I think its getting to me!!! Sometimes it comes down to crying or laughing and I'd rather laugh!

SF...hugs back at ya!

Question: Just what does one wear when the tornados come???

Vicki
Vicki I heard one thing that never goes out of style for tornado's is a:

"torn-dress' and for the him's a 'torn-siedo' you asked....lol

Old 05-08-2008, 07:24 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,263,060 times
You guys are wayyyyy too humerous for this early! Braids, huh?!!

I peeked outside when I put Toto (Molly) out. I saw a few raindrops.

Does anyone know what time the weather is going to become "violent"?

Vicki

Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,951,734 times
hahahaha thanks for the laugh...this is too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighjayne View Post
Blue and white gingham is always fashionable for tornados. Also make sure you have your hair in braids so it doesn't fly all over. You'll be camera ready when the news crews come to interview you.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 AM

892 posts, read 3,163,095 times
Everything I read says "possible" and "could become violent." The worst possible storms are expected overnight and gone by daybreak.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:39 AM

718 posts, read 2,974,757 times
I hope its nice out Sat. I was suppose to talk to a farmer about my 1/2 cow

Old 05-08-2008, 09:01 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,092,535 times
Dear North Carolina:

Enjoy your tornadoes along with your 70 and 80 degree weather. We will be enjoying upper 40's and low 50's with raw winds off the water (ocean temp about 45 degrees this time of year) and rain.

Love,

Massachusetts

Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,263,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynn41072 View Post
I hope its nice out Sat. I was suppose to talk to a farmer about my 1/2 cow
Which l/2 do you prefer??? And does a l/2 cow give l/2% milk???

I was wondering but was afraid to ask. Now that we are all being silly...I feel better about asking!!!

North Raleigh weather update...11:09AM...rain...nothing violent yet. Termite guy is under the house and says no violence under there either. Amazing how he can spot termites a mile away but the dead body...

Vicki

Old 05-08-2008, 10:48 AM

673 posts, read 2,267,803 times
Quote:
North Raleigh weather update...11:09AM...rain...nothing violent yet. Termite guy is under the house and says no violence under there either. Amazing how he can spot termites a mile away but the dead body...

Vicki
Vicki,

You are too funny...

I tried to give you rep points (for the mere fact that you reported there was no violence underneath the house), but Forum says I have to spread some around first...

Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 AM

718 posts, read 2,974,757 times
Quote:
Which l/2 do you prefer??? And does a l/2 cow give l/2% milk???

I was wondering but was afraid to ask. Now that we are all being silly...I feel better about asking!!!

Vicki
LOL.... 1/2 or 1/4 cow = I am going directly to a cow farmer who raise their cows "all natural" (no hormones, antibiotics etc) to buy all the cuts of meat in one side of the cow. Because I am buying in bulk, the price per pound goes waaaaay down. It all comes packaged and flash frozen and ready to eat, just like you would get the different cuts in a supermarket. I am also supporting local farmers by doing so. No milk though . Whole Foods sells "all natural beef" between 5.99 - 22.99 a lb depending on the cut. I will be paying approx 4.50 a lb total. Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary