Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 09:22 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,602,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I've had a couple of packages delayed...should have taken 4 days to arrive but took 2.5 weeks. But, yes, they did arrive.

I had one package that showed (using tracking number) it was in Raleigh but never delivered. The P. O. has a "lost package" section so I filled it out. I got a "instant" reply that the North Ridge P. O. would be looking into it. Next day, I got another "instant" reply that the package was found. And the next day, package was delivered.

My guess is that it was just sitting in a corner of the P. O. or a corner of the truck.

I've now done this 3 times and just like clockwork...package is delivered in 2 days.

So...if you are expecting a package that is more than 2 weeks late, I suggest you try using the "lost package" email.
Yeah, my son has tried but the reply is that is can't be located at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 04:09 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,812,487 times
Seems like that location has had problems before. Back when I was working (pre-2014), that was my office's branch. We had all kinds of problems, as did surrounding neighbors.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:48 PM

653 posts, read 2,709,548 times
I finally received the Christmas card from my sister in early February. We both live in Raleigh, eight miles from each other.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:18 PM

2,115 posts, read 2,738,599 times
Kind of along the same lines... maybe? You would be amazed at the
amount of personal information that's left behind in abandoned
doctor's offices, hospitals, asylums, etc. X Rays, death certificates,
financial info, bank info, etc. All for the general public or at least the
general public that ventures into places like this to see...

Old 03-04-2021, 09:18 PM

405 posts, read 319,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Look no further. DeJoy is still postmaster general. The President can not fire him directly but has to go thru the board of directors of the post office. Firing him is very much warranted. I'm sure it's high up on President Biden's to do list.
DeJoy is trying to fix the problems. He is filthy rich and doesn't need this job, but he wants to help. Congress needs to step up and bring the USPS into the 21st century.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:11 AM

189 posts, read 101,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Yeah sure, dismantling and destroying postal sorting machines seems like a great use of time and money right before elections and the holiday season.
Member of family was SVP (retired fairly recently) at USPS and was responsible for such equipment. He installed some of those machines when he started at USPS over 30 years ago. The equipment that was removed and destroyed.....was scheduled to be destroyed years ago but due to budget constraints, said old equipment was moved from location to location (down the priority list) as needed until new more efficient equipment was installed.

Old 03-05-2021, 02:10 PM

545 posts, read 1,607,732 times
A bill was introduced in February to scrap the requirement to prefund 50 years of pensions:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...5/text?r=1&s=1

Old 03-06-2021, 10:14 AM

567 posts, read 960,434 times
Louis Dejoy has investments in USPS competitors. He received between $1.2 million to $7 million in income in 2019 from XPO Logistics. Documents filed with the Office of Government Ethics show that he also received millions of dollars in rental payments from XPO through leasing agreements at buildings that he owns. He was $1.86 million in rent in 2018.

He donated more than $440,000 to the Trump Victory Fund, the inaugural committee and the Republican National Committee in 2016. He also to donated to Republican candidates, committees and super PACS for the 2020 election.

He has an interest in degrading or delaying USPS operations so that one or more competitors can step in as a result of what he has done.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:54 AM

405 posts, read 319,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
Louis Dejoy has investments in USPS competitors. He received between $1.2 million to $7 million in income in 2019 from XPO Logistics. Documents filed with the Office of Government Ethics show that he also received millions of dollars in rental payments from XPO through leasing agreements at buildings that he owns. He was $1.86 million in rent in 2018.

He donated more than $440,000 to the Trump Victory Fund, the inaugural committee and the Republican National Committee in 2016. He also to donated to Republican candidates, committees and super PACS for the 2020 election.

He has an interest in degrading or delaying USPS operations so that one or more competitors can step in as a result of what he has done.
Do you have proof of this, or do you make these “claims” only because he was a supporter of Trump ?

As you mentioned, he has publicly disclosed is financial interests, and yes, his experience is exactly what makes him qualified for the position. Let him do his job. The USPS has been screwed up for decades.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:50 AM

1,462 posts, read 665,798 times
DeJoy instituted a number of measures such as banning overtime, forbidding late or extra trips to deliver mail, removing and dismantling hundreds of high-speed mail sorting machines, and removing some mail collection boxes from streets. The changes ended up causing pronounced delays of mail delivery. As a result there were investigations by congressional committees and the USPS inspector general.

These changes were implemented during the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2020 election, where mail-in-voting was extensively used.

I dunno, let him do THIS job?

Last edited by Shallow Hal; 03-06-2021 at 12:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary