Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: FV vs HS on 2021?
FV 2 16.67%
HS 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2021, 01:49 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,980,786 times

Advertisements

Man if me and my spouse were both remote no way on hell I would move to either community I would go to Greensboro and live centrally in a real city with real bones for a great price

Both communities are steam rolled subdivision plantations
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 03:55 PM

10 posts, read 10,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FVmommy View Post
I agree with this. FV traffic is similar. Have you visited the area?
I have not visited the area yet. Planning to be there on April.

Old 03-14-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Man if me and my spouse were both remote no way on hell I would move to either community I would go to Greensboro and live centrally in a real city with real bones for a great price

Both communities are steam rolled subdivision plantations
I'm not sure how the school system are there. But we're thinking about our 3 year old toddler to be in good school system and also have relatives around Cary Morrisville area whose kids are my toddler's age.

Last edited by kc2nc; 03-14-2021 at 04:17 PM..

Old 03-14-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Why?

If you don't want an "overpriced house" don't buy new construction. (And yes, we did buy new construction and knew we were paying overmarket.)
Gotta make wife happy lol.

Old 03-14-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
If commuting is not an issue, I'd say either one could meet your needs. Find a home and neighborhood you like and go from there. The two merge and even seem to overlap in some areas in such a way that mapping specific addresses to points of interest (airport, hospital, etc). You could have an FV address and be closer to some amenities in Holly Springs than other homes with HS addresses. And vice versa. I will say I wouldn't want to be south of downtown FV if convenience to other parts of the Triangle is a priority.

That being said, we ended up moving from FV to a smaller, older home in Cary because we found ourselves driving a lot - including a daily commute and specific activities our children became involved in.
I think I will have to do same probably find house in Cary or Apex area, since I keep hearing about commuting problem in HS and FV area.

Old 03-14-2021, 04:58 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,259,066 times
Contact a Realtor. Tell her what you are looking for.

Have her send you a house in all towns from Fuquay to Wake Forest, in your price range. You will soon see what you get for your price range in each town.

Then you can research the schools.

When you come down in April, you will know which homes appealed to you and you can then have her show you those areas and the homes available.

If you decide on new construction, have your Realtor take you. You do not save anything when you buy in a new construction neighborhood without a Realtor to guide you.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:12 PM

450 posts, read 1,351,611 times
Just as an aside all the towns mentioned are part of Wake County, which is one large school system. You can live in one town and be assigned to a school in a different town.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:00 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,069,328 times
Quote:
Just as an aside all the towns mentioned are part of Wake County, which is one large school system. You can live in one town and be assigned to a school in a different town.
It occurred to me that the OP can't be sure that their 3-year old will be assigned to to the same school when the child gets to kindergarten. Have their been rumors of redistricting in FV or HS?

Old 03-14-2021, 07:14 PM

450 posts, read 1,351,611 times
I know they are building at least one new elementary school in FV in the next couple of years. And Willow Springs High School will open next year, drawing from Fuquay (not relevant for a 3 year old, but evidence that redistricting is happening). I think there are more new schools in the works for both FV and HS.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:23 PM

22,677 posts, read 36,826,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
It occurred to me that the OP can't be sure that their 3-year old will be assigned to to the same school when the child gets to kindergarten. Have their been rumors of redistricting in FV or HS?
HS and FV are the next big areas for reassignments. They already took kids who can see HSHS from their yards and reassigned them to FVHS. They need to fill the new schools down there and that always leads to them shuffling things around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary