Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 06:47 AM

204 posts, read 289,204 times

Advertisements

Hi

So yesterday I stop by a local dealer in Apex and found a vehicle that I like except for the wrong color so the salesperson informed me that he could get the car with my color from a sister dealership at a better price which I than asked if it had the same options as this one and he stated YES but for some odd reason I decided to verify it by checking the actual sticker information and found out that it didn't have the same options, missing towing package, navigation and moonroof so I than informed him about the issue and he stated that he could install the navigation and towing package at "his" cost and my total would be basically the same as the original one that I was looking at but when I was signing the finance paperwork I noticed the actual price of the vehicle was higher than listed and my trade in was lower but again the actual total was the same.

At that time which was 4 hours later of waiting for the process to be done I hadn't ate since early this morning and am diabetic so I wasn't clearly thinking but now after a good night sleep and food, I feel like I was basically rip off.

I haven't picked up the vehicle as of yet and am wondering if I can get out of the purchase?

Also while going through the finance process the person didn't have me going through the Ford credit even though I finance my previous vehicle thru them which I paid it off early and when I mentioned my bank information, he stated that they are part of their finance partners but he still finance through another bank company.

Honestly I feel like I was rip off during the purchase and financing.

What can I do to basically cancel this sale.

Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 06:49 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,783,639 times
You usually have three days to cancel a contract. Go TODAY and do it.

It’s amazing how dealers still operate honestly. And they’re surprised when people use Carvana and other places that don’t lie and hold you hostage.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:59 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,172 times
Watch this guy's great videos before car shopping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pn-UaODU50

Be sure to subscribe!

If you belong to Costco, buy new/used through their program. Done it 4X!

You experienced ”grind down” at the dealer. Finance guys are the HIGHEST paid at the dealer.

Old 03-28-2021, 07:03 AM

43,277 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Did you give up any money to the dealership?

Old 03-28-2021, 07:11 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,472,539 times
poor salesman has to meet his quota to Eat.
Time is also money,your time,is it worth spending more time looking for another car at another dealership?

Old 03-28-2021, 07:28 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,357,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
poor salesman has to meet his quota to Eat.
Time is also money,your time,is it worth spending more time looking for another car at another dealership?
That is why we've used Carvana twice. Granted, they do not have new cars...but nothing beats car shopping from your easy chair, and having your choice delivered to you.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 03-28-2021, 07:31 AM

No money was exchange and haven't picked up the vehicle since it's been driving from Prince George dealership.

Yeah! But this was my second purchase at this dealership which was good the last time but not this time.

File complaint with consumers affair, basically with the AG

Old 03-28-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
That is why we've used Carvana twice. Granted, they do not have new cars...but nothing beats car shopping from your easy chair, and having your choice delivered to you.

Regards
Gemstone1

LOL! Did look at their vehicles but they didn't have my vehicle since they were all "pending purchase".

Old 03-28-2021, 07:40 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,825,772 times
Read the annual Consumers Reports magazine on the car buying process. They are a very credible source (they don't accept advertising from anyone).

Some tips:
1) "It is NOT illegal to lie!". If it's not a legal deposition, or a contract on paper, signed, there's no laws broken. They can say it also comes with the Brooklyn Bridge, repainted to your specs, but if it's not on paper, it's not binding.
2) The "Sticker" is a piece of paper generated by the factory. At best, it's a starting point for negotiations.
3) As said above, the finance department is the dealer's major source of revenue. BE VERY CAUTIOUS when working with them as some will really try to rip you. Yes, some will be helpful, and some offers (usually from the factory) can actually be win-win for you and the dealer.
4) Some dealers add all sorts of extra line-items of charges, from floor mats, the gas in the tank, etc. If you think about it, those should actually be folded into their overhead cost. You'd not buy a TV, expecting to pay extra for a power cord, eh? Always have a "Out-The-Door" price as the bottom line of all offers. What you write the check for. This protects you from unexpected bumps at the last minute.

Buying a car is the second most significant purchase you'll ever make (1st is buying a house). Spend some time researching what you want, what you need, what's available, and it's pricing. Some people spend tens of thousands of dollars after 30 minutes of casual thought.
My last car had me spend about 50 man-hours just doing research, with a payback of about $1,400 under, not the sticker, but under the actual local pricing. Well worth my time.

Old 03-28-2021, 11:00 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,783,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash04 View Post
No money was exchange and haven't picked up the vehicle since it's been driving from Prince George dealership.

Yeah! But this was my second purchase at this dealership which was good the last time but not this time.

File complaint with consumers affair, basically with the AG
File a complaint for what? Signing a contract you didn't read? There's nothing illegal in what they did. Shady and underhanded, yes, but their job is to get rid of a car and make as much money as possible. All the other info you provided (the length of time, the diabetes, etc) have nothing to do with what happened. CANCEL the contract within the time period prescribed by state law and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary