Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 02:19 PM

67 posts, read 63,480 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am looking for some food recommendations, nothing too particular but being still a bit new to NC I need to know the hidden gems of great food around here!

Area wise it can be in Raleigh, Durham, Morrisville, Apex, Cary etc.

Not looking for the super fancy/pricy places - just some of your favorite go to restaurant/ food places that you can go to on a random Wednesday night without getting fancy or spending a ton of money. (like entrees that are under $20 a piece)

I would love to hear all opinions, and variety type of food - your favorite sushi, American food place, Chinese, Thai, Mexican, seafood, Japanese/hibachi etc. etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 02:32 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,589,525 times
Here's my list of my favorite restaurants in the Triangle - enjoy! https://www.yelp.com/collection/YHFR...8hgskVyIDfhPeQ

Old 04-15-2021, 02:41 PM

page not found.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:49 PM

thank you!!

Old 04-15-2021, 02:56 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,619,908 times
Some of my favorites in Cary/Apex: Sassool (Mediterranean, counter service), Tangerine Cafe (Asian), Sushi Thai, Himalayan Range Nepali Restaurant, Guasaca (South American/arepa, addicting, counter service), Nazara Bistro (Indian, a little pricey but large portions and delicious). I've been sticking closer to home for the past year, and those are some of my staples.

Old 04-15-2021, 03:00 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
TwoGuys Grille in Morrisville - despite the very casual decor the food is really good. It gets packed at lunch with the RTP crowd.

Sitti in Raleigh (middle eastern)

Mezza Luna in Apex - tiny pizzeria in a shopping center but the owners are from Italy and the food is great. They renovated when they took it over this year and it's very nice inside.

Tazza Kitchen

Parkway Tavern in Cary and Salem St Pub in Apex for ...pub fare.

Old 04-15-2021, 03:04 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,252 times
Cary/Apex/Morrisville
Soo Carolina Chicken inside of H-Mart(Korean style fried chicken spot, with a stand alone location off capital blvd as well)
Noodle Blvd Ramen Shop(not to be mixed with Noodles Co chain spot)

Miso Ramen (another Ramen Shop)
DiFara (pizza joint kinda of pricey for pizza but not too crazy )
V Pizza (another pizza spot their wings are FIRE, def recommend)
Guausica (Arepa spot )
Alpaca (Peruvian spot chicken is delicious but I recommend the lloma Saltado)
Big Mikes BBQ (south in your mouth lol no but seriously brisket and smoked half chicken are always on point)
Sassool (Mediterranean spot in the trader joes shopping center)
Duck Donuts(outer banks based donut shop, one of my favs)
Bakers Dozen(another donut shop that's really good)
Corbetts Soda & Burger Bar(good burgers, not too pricey, and like 200 different sodas..seriously)
Seoul Garden (Korean BBQ spot )
Dame's Chicken & Waffles (really delicious soul food spot, 4 locations 1 in cary, 1 in Durham, 1 in Greensboro, and 1 coming to Chapel Hill
Taste of Jamaica(can't go wrong with some good Jamaican food, Jerk chicken, Curry Goat, Oxtails, they don't miss, hit the spot every time)
La Bonita (it's a Mexican grocery store but they serve delicious meals, baked goods, fresh corn tortillas, flavorful meats, plates etc)
La Vida Dolce (Ice Cream spot right next to La Bonita, like 80 something flavors, delicious churros, drinks, etc
Jalisco Taco Truck in Apex in front of compared foods has some of the BEST TACOS, authentic, flavorful, great service, variety, try the beef cheek tacos or tongue(lingua) I personally feel like the cheek is even better than regular steak, the lamb is really good too
Skippers in Apex when you want a good old fashioned fried fish plate, or shrimp, crablegs, etc
Transfer Co Food Hall(one of two food halls in Downtown Raleigh, I recommend bench warmer bagels, Bulbox(they also have a cary location in the wegmans shopping center) Che empanadas, Dank burrito

Moe's BBQ in Durham on 9th Street not too far from Duke
Mkokko a Korean Chicken and Ramen spot in Downtown Durham, get their early because it's limited seating and always a line

Several more spots, but I'mma get lazy so I'mma leave it at this for now

Last edited by drrckmtthws; 04-15-2021 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-15-2021, 03:31 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,771,836 times
My wife is a really good cook, so we don’t eat out all that much. But these are some of our go-to places that imho have great food

Himalayan Nepali - Chatham Square in Cary
Noodle Blvd - Walnut in Cary
Players Retreat - Raleigh near NC State
Di Fara -downtown Cary, already mentioned

Old 04-15-2021, 03:34 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
Cary/Apex/Morrisville
Soo Carolina Chicken inside of H-Mart(Korean style fried chicken spot, with a stand alone location off capital blvd as well)
Noodle Blvd Ramen Shop(not to be mixed with Noodles Co chain spot)

Miso Ramen (another Ramen Shop)
DiFara (pizza joint kinda of pricey for pizza but not too crazy )
V Pizza (another pizza spot their wings are FIRE, def recommend)
Guausica (Arepa spot )
Alpaca (Peruvian spot chicken is delicious but I recommend the lloma Saltado)
Big Mikes BBQ (south in your mouth lol no but seriously brisket and smoked half chicken are always on point)
Sassool (Mediterranean spot in the trader joes shopping center)
Duck Donuts(outer banks based donut shop, one of my favs)
Bakers Dozen(another donut shop that's really good)
Corbetts Soda & Burger Bar(good burgers, not too pricey, and like 200 different sodas..seriously)
Seoul Garden (Korean BBQ spot )
Dame's Chicken & Waffles (really delicious soul food spot, 4 locations 1 in cary, 1 in Durham, 1 in Greensboro, and 1 coming to Chapel Hill
Taste of Jamaica(can't go wrong with some good Jamaican food, Jerk chicken, Curry Goat, Oxtails, they don't miss, hit the spot every time)
La Bonita (it's a Mexican grocery store but they serve delicious meals, baked goods, fresh corn tortillas, flavorful meats, plates etc)
La Vida Dolce (Ice Cream spot right next to La Bonita, like 80 something flavors, delicious churros, drinks, etc
Jalisco Taco Truck in Apex in front of compared foods has some of the BEST TACOS, authentic, flavorful, great service, variety, try the beef cheek tacos or tongue(lingua) I personally feel like the cheek is even better than regular steak, the lamb is really good too
Skippers in Apex when you want a good old fashioned fried fish plate, or shrimp, crablegs, etc
Transfer Co Food Hall(one of two food halls in Downtown Raleigh, I recommend bench warmer bagels, Bulbox(they also have a cary location in the wegmans shopping center) Che empanadas, Dank burrito

Moe's BBQ in Durham on 9th Street not too far from Duke
Mkokko a Korean Chicken and Ramen spot in Downtown Durham, get their early because it's limited seating and always a line

Several more spots, but I'mma get lazy so I'mma leave it at this for now
You need to come back and post more! I keep forgetting about Corbett's - next time my son is home from college I'm taking him there. And I've always wanted to try the taco truck in Apex.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:12 PM

805 posts, read 524,498 times
The corner of E. Chatham and Maynard is full of small, international restaurants. Esmeralda Grill, Taste of Jamaica, El Cuscatletco, Biryani Maxx, so much more. I think Taste of Jerusalem closed, but if it’s open, that one too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary