Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 01:20 PM

253 posts, read 236,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I'm surprised that someone in the neighborhood didn't complain to the HOA about the snakes.

People like to complain for NO REASON. This, to me, is a reason to complain!

I, for one, would not want to live next door to a guy that owns 70 hand granades or 70 snakes!!! LOL
I'm in one of the nearby neighborhoods, and someone on NextDoor (which, as you might imagine, has quite a number of posts on the topic...) in his neighborhood said where this guy lives actually isn't in an HOA (just next to Brittany Woods).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 01:23 PM

18,050 posts, read 15,649,855 times
He's a future Darwin Award winner.

So the snake's been caught, but the kid who owns it is still on the loose. And he's got more snakes.

Old 07-01-2021, 01:39 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiacat View Post
I'm in one of the nearby neighborhoods, and someone on NextDoor (which, as you might imagine, has quite a number of posts on the topic...) in his neighborhood said where this guy lives actually isn't in an HOA (just next to Brittany Woods).

Right. Pickwick Village.
The snake was a few hundred feet from home. LOL Neighbors might have further conniptions if the snake had had a GPS tracker with his travels made public....

Old 07-01-2021, 01:53 PM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,529,578 times
I admit, I got a little too caught up in this story yesterday. Found some interesting reading, though.

The Venom Interviews

Old 07-01-2021, 02:30 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,238,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Right. Pickwick Village.
The snake was a few hundred feet from home. LOL Neighbors might have further conniptions if the snake had had a GPS tracker with his travels made public....

I kept reading that the home with the kid and his snakes was in Brittany Woods, which does have an HOA.

Unfortunately for those of you that live in Pickwick and are happy to NOT have an HOA...not sure who is gonna take care of this situation NOW!

Usually when folks tell me they don't want to live in a neighborhood with an HOA, I explain WHY an HOA is good, how it keeps yards looking nice and how it keeps people from parking their cars on their front yard. Some people don't care. They don't want an "HOA minding their business". That HOA keeps your property values up!

It has never occurred to me to mention that, WITH an HOA, the number of poisonous snakes living next door to you can be limited but I will use that NOW!

And isn't it great that this person has gotten tons of free publicity! Maybe his YouTube channel membership will increase and he will have more money for more snakes! (This is SARCASM)

Old 07-01-2021, 02:31 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,779,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Yup. It has apparently gone through the neighborhood wives here just the same.

The Mrs said they were talking about it on their group thread for hours.
I couldn't stop looking for updates.

Just like I became obsessed with the empty chairs of two people at my company who logged into a division wide meeting last week (with the VP there) and then apparently left to go shopping, or whatever, and when everyone else turned off their cameras, theirs were still on, and remained on the screen with their empty chairs throughout the 90 minute presentation. I couldn't stop talking about it LOL. (We're all still working from home).

i was also in a continuing ed class via zoom last month, and a lady must not have realized her camera was on, and she was SHOVELLING IN the cereal and then her dog came up and started licking the bowl was eating out of....when we came back from break her camera was off

Old 07-01-2021, 04:14 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,817,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I, for one, would not want to live next door to a guy that owns 70 hand granades or 70 snakes!!! LOL
But the grenades keep the snakes away.

Old 07-01-2021, 04:19 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,817,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
He's a future Darwin Award winner.

So the snake's been caught, but the kid who owns it is still on the loose. And he's got more snakes.
Damn, I thought for sure Animal Control would've caught him by now.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:11 PM

1,204 posts, read 777,394 times
I don't know about your google, but when I type "Raleigh cobra..." the first 6 suggestions are "raleigh cobra loose", "raleigh cobra snake", "raleigh cobra owner", "raleigh cobra caught", "raleigh cobra captured", "raleigh cobra twitter".... Is the cobra tweeting now?!

Old 07-01-2021, 07:30 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,598,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
I don't know about your google, but when I type "Raleigh cobra..." the first 6 suggestions are "raleigh cobra loose", "raleigh cobra snake", "raleigh cobra owner", "raleigh cobra caught", "raleigh cobra captured", "raleigh cobra twitter".... Is the cobra tweeting now?!
There were so many Raleigh Cobra twitter accounts - SO MANY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary