Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 09:43 AM

5,324 posts, read 3,206,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Pros and cons of saga premium on Icelandair RDU-KEF?? Are planes really uncomfortably hot as reading in some forums? Are meals really served half way into a 6 hr flight so no sleep on overnight flight? Feedback much appreciated!
We didn't notice any issues with temperature on the aircraft. That's such a subjective critique - some people are always hot and some are always cold. My hunch is that people bundled up and did it to themselves but that's just a guess. I wore a jeans and a polo shirt and was quite comfortable.

The premium product is good, we had no complaints. It's especially nice if you're on a 757 across the Atlantic because that aircraft boards behind first class and you don't have to deal with people standing there making their way to the back. Their lounge is nice and the selection of food and drinks was good. If you're traveling on to another country your premium ticket gets you access into their partner's lounges. When we flew out of LHR we used Aer Lingus' lounge.

Yes meals are served. If you want sleep, then sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2023, 02:41 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
We didn't notice any issues with temperature on the aircraft. That's such a subjective critique - some people are always hot and some are always cold. My hunch is that people bundled up and did it to themselves but that's just a guess. I wore a jeans and a polo shirt and was quite comfortable.

The premium product is good, we had no complaints. It's especially nice if you're on a 757 across the Atlantic because that aircraft boards behind first class and you don't have to deal with people standing there making their way to the back. Their lounge is nice and the selection of food and drinks was good. If you're traveling on to another country your premium ticket gets you access into their partner's lounges. When we flew out of LHR we used Aer Lingus' lounge.

Yes meals are served. If you want sleep, then sleep.
Thanks! I am a nurse so am working til 3 and then leave 5.5 hours later. I might be sleepy but also don't plan to eat dinner and flight leaves at 8:30 so that late just wondered if they would even serve dinner or wait til almost there and serve breakfast. What time was your flight? Mine is RDU to Kef and no connection after so wondered if they serve it soon after take off. Tried customer service....they aren't available.

Old 09-11-2023, 05:02 PM

1,063 posts, read 906,196 times
we went this past April.
highly recommend bidding on First Class upgrades.
we were succesful for the return flight...and Iceland Air's
First Class Lounge in Reykjavik was worth it alone.

Old 09-22-2023, 07:06 PM

598 posts, read 332,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Thanks! I am a nurse so am working til 3 and then leave 5.5 hours later. I might be sleepy but also don't plan to eat dinner and flight leaves at 8:30 so that late just wondered if they would even serve dinner or wait til almost there and serve breakfast. What time was your flight? Mine is RDU to Kef and no connection after so wondered if they serve it soon after take off. Tried customer service....they aren't available.
I recommend eating dinner at RDU before your flight and then not eating on the flight. I did this over the summer. It's only a 6 hour flight, so you won't have much time to sleep as it is, and you're going to want to sleep before you get there bright and early and have a whole day ahead of you. Since a meal isn't included with your flight unless you paid for it in advance (or if you have a premium ticket), that would be my suggestion.

I did purchase an in-flight meal for the flight back to RDU, and that was worth it and made more sense with the timing. Our flight back from Iceland left at 4:30pm.

As for the overall comfort of the plane, it was warm, but since I'd read complaints about the planes being hot I wore a short-sleeved shirt and was fine. I flew in economy because the cost to bid up was more than I was willing to spend. Economy was fine even though we didn't experience the lounge everyone raves about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary