Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 11:20 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,053,481 times

Advertisements

I haven’t been there since the start of Covid. Nothing blooming yet but still nice. Very busy. After, went to Bullock’s BBQ for pulled pork and fried chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 06:40 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,100,818 times
My neighborhood borders Eno River SP so I'm on trails in the park all the time. I saw more people out hiking on Saturday than I've seen since summer 2020 when park visits were at all time highs.

Also, Bullocks is great, but I recommend trying Picnic next time you're out that way.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
My neighborhood borders Eno River SP so I'm on trails in the park all the time. I saw more people out hiking on Saturday than I've seen since summer 2020 when park visits were at all time highs.

Also, Bullocks is great, but I recommend trying Picnic next time you're out that way.
We went right by it but I hadn’t seen on their website that they had dine in again. Next time. Do they still allow you to park at the church across the street?

Old 02-15-2022, 06:16 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,100,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
We went right by it but I hadn’t seen on their website that they had dine in again. Next time. Do they still allow you to park at the church across the street?
I'm not sure about the church, but you can park at the Masonic Lodge across Cole Mill Rd.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I'm not sure about the church, but you can park at the Masonic Lodge across Cole Mill Rd.
Ok thanks. It must be the lodge I’m thinking about.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:06 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,242 times
Random but I was walking the eno(the quarry) and I had felt like something was watching me, and boom

gotta be some type of hybrid cause what it had the body of a wolf but the nose of a coyote, it was running top speed, I honestly thought my a** was grass lol because usually they chase you.....to where the rest of them are located, but it look like in reality it wasn't paying me in mind and was just after the squirrels that was in the same direction.
After running for like 2 minutes straight, I realized it never was chasing me

Old 02-22-2022, 12:24 AM

9,777 posts, read 15,781,748 times
Yikes! That is a scary looking dude. And how did you get such a good picture? Mine would have been quite blurry as I ran away!

Old 02-22-2022, 06:16 AM

I’m pretty sure that’s just a house cat. Did you check the id on the collar or did you take it to the vet to be scanned?

Old 02-22-2022, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Yikes! That is a scary looking dude. And how did you get such a good picture? Mine would have been quite blurry as I ran away!
Oh no this isn't the actual pic lol, by the time I seen it, it was running top speed, part of me said...should I see what it's actually running after, and then I just told myself forget chancing it, RUN LOL
But this is what it looked like as far as body, it's nose was skinnier which makes me think it was some type of coyote/wolf mix,

Old 02-22-2022, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I’m pretty sure that’s just a house cat. Did you check the id on the collar or did you take it to the vet to be scanned?
Mannnnnn I wish it was just a house cat, I will say that I was there kinda of late....at least for the season. This happened like the beginning of January and it was around 6pm where it starts to get dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary