Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 05:37 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,345,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Both parties have the potential to be wrong. I would say the folks who live in the subdivisions along highway 55 and High House who were recently reassigned from their 30 year old houses woukd beg to differ. So would people in MacArthur Park.

On the flip side constant reassignments are not a thing for 95% of people here.
And to be fair the people on 55 were reassigned 1x not every year. The person I responded has misrepresented this issue in two different threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 06:24 PM

1,330 posts, read 726,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Follow through the next time you see one come up and see what it sells for. Seems like a lot of folks are paying way over the asking price right now.
I've been looking in that area for ages now and following up on sales and feel confident a 3 bedroom for under 400k can still be found. There's a really cute place in the lower 300s that's active right now, and I'd be shocked if it went for over 400k.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:42 PM

22,681 posts, read 36,841,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
And to be fair the people on 55 were reassigned 1x not every year. The person I responded has misrepresented this issue in two different threads.
I agree. But it's not impossible for it to happen to built up areas. Also to be fair, WCPSS tries to make sure they don't reassign the same neighborhoods constantly. Honestly if you're worried about being reassigned you're better off buying in a large neighborhood than you are worrying about how long the neighborhood has been there. WCPSS likes to target small subdivisions.

Old 05-08-2022, 03:07 PM

16 posts, read 13,287 times
Thank you all for your inputs. Talking to a realtor now. Not much in our budget on the market, even if we stretch to 400k. Everything is either more than 10 years old or smaller homes with less than 3 bedrooms.

How are the schools in fuquay Varina, especially want to know about wcpss middle school in Varina as my younger one will go there if we find something there

Old 05-08-2022, 04:51 PM

22,681 posts, read 36,841,007 times
I wouldn't be too concerned about a house more than 10 years old...the way they are throwing them up in days the last few years would be far more concerning to me than buyer an older home.

FV is still tied to its rural roots so you get a real mix of people there. I do think that school is either going to be re-furbished or re-built soon. The high school is brand new as they knocked down the old one and rebuilt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary