Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 08:42 PM

343 posts, read 603,864 times

Advertisements

In addition to the flat, the two rear tires weren't in the best shape and they said wouldn't pass inspection. Mine is a Subaru. Got it when I was living in the Northeast. Not sure if I will get an all wheel drive again nowt that I am here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 10:53 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Creech is also a good place for honest repairs.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:32 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Creech is also a good place for honest repairs.
Creech is extraordinary with regards to competency and ethics. They are literally the only repair shop I have ever used where if they tell me I need to repair something, I believe them, and I trust that the price is fair.

The only caveat is that they primarily work on Japanese brands, so if you're driving something that originates elsewhere, they generally won't take the work.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:16 AM

360 posts, read 223,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpact View Post
No need to get huffy because someone doesn't believe you. I'm pretty sure it'll happen again.

I have a 2015 Subie Outback. Ran into a carpet blade at highway speeds in 2018. Besides being a very exciting encounter, the tire was completely ruined. Replaced it with just one brand new tire and kept right on driving. We eventually did replace the whole set when the majority were getting worn, but that was quite a few miles down the road.

Fast forward till today. The Outback is still cruising around like a champ. Never had a lick of trouble with it. I'm glad my Outback doesn't have built-in internet access like its newer brethren. Otherwise who knows what notions it'll develop after surfing the net
Congratulations. I'm glad your singular experience trumps that of professionals who know more than you or I. Some people learn from the mistakes of others, some have to suffer their own consequences in order to accept a widely known fact.

Be sure to never change your differential fluid either. It's just another urban legend.

Old 06-22-2022, 10:44 AM

313 posts, read 179,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
Congratulations. I'm glad your singular experience trumps that of professionals who know more than you or I. Some people learn from the mistakes of others, some have to suffer their own consequences in order to accept a widely known fact.

Be sure to never change your differential fluid either. It's just another urban legend.

Thanks! We're very happy with our Subie. We trust our long time mechanic. His garage has done a stellar job of maintaining all of our vehicles over the years. While it's fun to tease random strangers on the internet about car maintenance, we'd never go to them for advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary